Why do they worship Ali? Don't say the Safavids because they were doing it centuries before that

Why do they worship Ali? Don't say the Safavids because they were doing it centuries before that

Attached: download.jpg (237x213, 12.7K)

Fuck them

Islam is fucking stupid. God does not give a fuck whether you venerate something or someone other than him because he is everything and everyone.

Shias dont even worship ali in literal meaning dumbass

>because they were doing it centuries before that
huh?

Alid shrines and Alid figures were always popular in Persia. However they became even more popular during and after the Ilkhanate. The number of Sayyids exponentially increased. The Sufi orders that popped up also claimed descent from Ali. I guess it served as a coping mechanism for the Persians. The Mongols put a lot of stock into Chingisid descent and the closest thing the conquered muslims had to that was Ali and his descendants

Buyid Dynasty

>Shias dont even worship ali in literal meaning dumbass

Attached: muslim.png (859x605, 119.92K)

>Shias dont even worship ali in literal meaning
Then what is "Ya Ali"

>Alid shrines and Alid figures were always popular in Persia.
source?

Research شفاعة

reminds me of Christianity

Attached: timurids.jpg (470x775, 112.22K)

so persians were already shia before the safavids?

this is Power, politics and religion in Timurid Iran
and pic related is from Timurids in transition. There are also tons of articles on the subject but I don't have them on hand

Attached: timurids.jpg (524x773, 126.5K)

why would they worship a boxer

No they were Sunni as they followed Sunni law schools (mostly Shafiʽi) and creeds. It's just that they worshipped Ali as well which wasn't orthodox but there was nothing anyone could do about it. It made it easier for the Safavids to convert the population. In the first picture it says that this used to be used as evidence for Shi'ism in older scholarship but no longer is current scholarship

Here, we are taught that Ali hates Arabs even though he was born as an Arab
Also, the Iranians had a grudge against those who overthrew the Sassanid dynasty, the symbol of ancient Persian glory
So that at this time they larp as Shia just to distinguish themselves from the Arabs, it's that simple

Having studied this matter intently from a neutral perspective, I have finally reached a conclusion: Husayn deserved what happened to him.

is any reason given in the book as to why they did that

Not really which is why I made this thread to see if people could point me to books and articles that explain this. I would have posted this on /his/ but it's a terrible board

not as a whole but they were some including buyids(بنو بويه) who were independent kings of Persia in all but in name from the Abbasid caliphate.

Because Omar was anti-Persian so Iranians gravitated towards Ali.

do you think if iranians were still sunni you'd be friends and arabs would like iranians?
i don't know anything about that

Like another user there were the Buyids who controlled western Iran for a century until the Seljuk conquest. The Buyids originated in Northern Iran. Northern Iran was for the most part ruled by local dynasties who were mostly Zaydis or Twelvers. Northern Iran was also where most of the assassin strongholds were