Why is the UK not cool anymore ?

No good music
No culture
No tv shows
No good movies

How did they become completly irrelvant in the last 10 years ?

Attached: UK.jpg (284x177, 10.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aCgkLICTskQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Globohomo
Anglosphere is dying

Attached: Clipboard0442сс.png (680x680, 306.45K)

Everything that made the UK unique is being slowly eroded by Americanism and has been since the end of WW2

May not be good music but I would say it's still pretty popular. But that's all we have. It's all going down the pan

Everything is shit now

What the fuck do you want from us? Do you just expect us to be cool forever, continuously churning out high-quality media for you to consume? Everything gets old and withers and dies eventually.

We are a has-been country. People watch Korean movies and Danish crime dramas now. Our time is done.

Attached: 1417304081699.jpg (550x535, 48.01K)

What are some good danish crime dramas?

The Bridge
Those Who Kill
The Killing

Those are my three favourite ones anyway.

Attached: 1613847569705.jpg (640x578, 54.38K)

what does it say?

idk

but check out (Hotel) Beau Séjour. It´s from Belgium and one of the best tv shows ever made.

I like UK tv still
Death in Paradise
Detectorists
The Crown
Victoria
Vera
Father Brown
Line of Duty
Endeavour
Shetland
Broadchurch
Hinterland
Are the TV shows that I can think of that started after 2009, ofc you still have longer running shows that are great and the dozens of panel shows which are good for mindless watching
Yeah UK music isn't so great anymore but then I don't listen to music made after the early 2000's really

youtu.be/aCgkLICTskQ

>The slow cancellation of the future has been accompanied by a deflation of expectations. There can be few who believe that in the coming year a record as great as, say, the Stooges’ Funhouse or Sly Stone’s There’s A Riot Goin’ On will be released. Still less do we expect the kind of ruptures brought about by The Beatles or disco. The feeling of belatedness, of living after the gold rush, is as omnipresent as it is disavowed. Compare the fallow terrain of the current moment with the fecundity of previous periods and you will quickly be accused of ‘nostalgia’. But the reliance of current artists on styles that were established long ago suggests that the current moment is in the grip of a formal nostalgia, of which more shortly.

>It is not that nothing happened in the period when the slow cancellation of the future set in. On the contrary, those thirty years has been a time of massive, traumatic change. In the UK, the election of Margaret Thatcher had brought to an end the uneasy compromises of the so-called postwar social consensus. Thatcher’s neoliberal programme in politics was reinforced by a transnational restructuring of the capitalist economy. The shift into so-called Post-Fordism – with globalization, ubiquitous computerization and the casualisation of labour – resulted in a complete transformation in the way that work and leisure were organised. In the last ten to fifteen years, meanwhile, the internet and mobile telecommunications technology have altered the texture of everyday experience beyond all recognition. Yet, perhaps because of all this, there’s an increasing sense that culture has lost the ability to grasp and articulate the present. Or it could be that, in one very important sense, there is no present to grasp and articulate anymore.

>the bridge
how old are you? 50+ ?

literally 70IQ boomer shit

>Culturally irrelevant

Attached: baldy englishman.jpg (558x602, 114.56K)

Yeah whatever dude, I've been teased since I was 10 years old for my taste in shows like doc martin, midsomer murders and the antique roadshow and at this point I don't care
It's a good show though
You should watch it

The UK was only "cool" when it was copying America

10 years of the Tories stripping the country for parts

>doc martin, midsomer murders and the antique roadshow
Ah SOVL tv

It's literally the opposite you fucking retard.

This
Appealing to American tastes was a disaster
Happened around 2010 imo but I think they're slowly dropping the idea

Detectorists is kino.