Why do they get so butthurt when people make fun of ESLs?

Why do they get so butthurt when people make fun of ESLs?

Attached: Ggyyg.png (268x188, 3.61K)

There is a certain amount of ESLs who are extremely proud of their English

There are a sense of "superiority" in the Brazilian society towards American, that you guys don't know geography, you guys having the right to own guns etc, while some of this people don't know much themselves, than when criticized, even thought the critique makes sense they come with the "you only speaks English tu quoque", in conclusion you and them are both morons.
Which is funny cause I've seem more Brazilians morons criticizing Brazilians for the English than any other gringo.

we are the OG ESLs

Do we? We simply point out that speaking English is no big deal considering how simple it is, and even then a considerable amount of Americans seem to speak it terribly.

>that you guys don't know geography
but they really don't
the average american is as dumb as a rock

Many mistakes in this post btw.

The few times I've seen it happen, the BR flag had some really terrible English himself.
People from the entire world get those quizzes wrong. Try looking at any version made here.

Shut up, fat

Care point than out?

them*

Brazilians are highly empathic individuals

Care to point
>There are a sense
Is a sense
> some of this people
These
>than when criticize
Then
>even thought
Though... probably a typo
>Brazilians morons
Brazilian... possible typo
>criticizing...for the English
Their English

Mostly grammar. Singular and plural agreement

>The few times I've seen it happen, the BR flag had some really terrible English himself.
Anecdotal evidence. I think Brazilians here on average express themselves reasonably well. When/if we make a mistake, any correction should be seen with gratitude, we learn and move on.
It's nevertheless worth noting that we don't have Brazilians who say "we waz" or "he done goofed" unlike Americans who are supposed to have been educated in English. They have a lot of brushing up and mutual correction to do among themselves.

>t speaking English is no big deal considering how simple it is
Yet only 5% of Brazilians speaks it in intermediary to fluent level despite being taught it on school.

Brazfags are the most annoying creatures that’s why their women like white boys

brazilians are white and so are you

...at (a) level...in school
Prepositions are the hardest thing tk learn imo. In vs on is usually very cultural and usage changes between languages.

Yeah, I have a really big problem with homophones we don't have that many in PT and even more in essential words.

You mean then/than?

You're misinformed inasmuch as "taught in schools" is laughable considering the terrible state of Brazilian education, which is only now slowly recovering.
It will take a generation or two. Taking that into account, Brazilians are doing ok as English speakers.
Also consider the AWFUL English spoken by some foreign (usually Asian) professors at American colleges. Those are supposed to be prepared to teach in every sense, and yet their English is beneath atrocious.

thats not a homophone, "like" is.

Yes, these/this, there/their etc.
Also not paying proper attention to what I'm writing an trying to be fast has a influence on it, but I do know the difference.

no u

Attached: 1646276798348.png (1440x1302, 1.11M)

Sure, may be, but considering that it's taught in the whole country and having no improvement whatsoever there must be something more than just corruption and poor investment.

Homophones are words that sound the same.

Again, you're not looking at the big picture: it is improving, although gradually (even though it is still not taught in the entire country, certainly not as early as it should).
What do the comments from Brazilians here, on youtube, twitter and online games tell you?
Those who have better learning opportunities, including many of us here, often speak it better than many American native speakers because we play by the grammatical rules.
As for Americans, they have much more resources and yet most of them speak English and that's it. They're in no position to brag, unlike, say, the Europeans because that's the standard of a good education: Europe, not the US of A.