My boss dedicates one Friday night a month as team Applebees night, which he refers to as "bees night...

My boss dedicates one Friday night a month as team Applebees night, which he refers to as "bees night." Its technically not mandatory, but its heavily implied that there will be repercussions for not going. We have to pay for our own food and drinks. The worst part is he constantly reminds us about it. One of my coworkers was getting visibly frustrated with his workload and the boss came over and said "Chin up man, bees night is next week. We got this!" I've never seen so much contempt in one mans eyes. I forgot to do something on the Monday following a "bees night" and he said to me "woah still hungover from bees night or what? haha"

does this happen in your cunt and do you suffer
>usa
>yes
>yes

Attached: 1645726346140.jpg (640x480, 39.92K)

I thank God for my life
And for the Stars and Stripes.
May freedom forever fly, let it ring!
Salute the ones who died, the ones who gave their lives
So we don't have to sacrifice all the things we love
Like our chicken fried, cold beer on a Friday night, pair of jeans that fit just right, and the radio uuuuuuup

Attached: 1646205947001m.jpg (1024x525, 77.21K)

I fucking hate applebees too. I haven't had a single thing on their menu that I enjoyed.

if we have to go to shitty chain restaurants why cant it be red robin instead

Attached: 21932173612344.jpg (1080x855, 64.67K)

Cause we fancy like Applebees on a date night
Got that bourbon street steak with the oreo shake and some whipped cream on the top too
Two straws, one check, girl I got you

Your boss is Michael Scott.

>Chin up man, bees night is next week

Attached: 1645771282643.jpg (1000x893, 82.8K)

That sucks but Chin up man, bees night is next week. Your boss got this!

Attached: w-QCpHOdQQ5FrLyPuwsvKKOYbGxECVHsMXa2EmRLE6o.jpg (2048x1724, 409.32K)

Only in america we see such shit

FUNTIVITIES! But honestly, what's so terrible about it? Are all your coworkers boring/unattractive?

in all German companies I know there are also these work events taking place in your free time. usually they are only once or twice a year though but they suck nevertheless.
Like going to a christmas market or drinking alcohol.... so far I always found an excuse to not attend them but I will run out of them
At my last job application they turned me down because they got a sense that I lack "team spirit" and that's not what they are looking for in their work culture...

What is Applebees and why is it such a meme? Tbh it sounds like a breakfast place from the name, but all the memes about it are about getting shitfaced so I dont get it.

>what's so terrible about it
they lack of choice and that I don't have an unlimited amount of free time
I much rather do things I enjoy by my own choice than being forced to do things I don't enjoy after doing things I don't enjoy (work)

i get pretzels and boneless wings but i only go with friends for half priced appetizers time

its a shitty chain restaurant. exists in all 50 states.

>, which he refers to as "bees night." Its technically not mandatory, but its heavily implied that there will be repercussions for not going
I'd poke and prod by not going to see what happens.

the margaritas are surprisngly good

I really wonder what would happen if you didn't go. Do they have some black list like "Not appreciative of bee's night" that prevents you from getting a raise or a better position? If going to fucking applebees costs like 1-2h of work it's truly evil.

Attached: old.jpg (874x874, 261.07K)

I see what you mean. Make the best of it I guess, silently think of it as an anthropological expedition and learn from it, peoples' behavior, hidden social norms etc, and be presentable bc sometimes promotions are decided based on this type of sociability details

>At my last job application they turned me down because they got a sense that I lack "team spirit" and that's not what they are looking for in their work culture...
Reading stuff like this almost make me comfortable with the idea of being nuked.

>technically not mandatory, but its heavily implied that there will be repercussions for not going.
Had a job once with shit like this, fucking hated it and was one of the main reasons for leaving
Was every few months but annoyed me nonetheless, especially travelling to wherever the fuck they were having their get together

>bees night

Attached: 1608033098574.jpg (1280x1280, 83.01K)

I feel like it's fairly common that bosses are lonely, fairly soulless people who live through their work. They think their workers are their friends who pretend to be until they leave the room.

Legit wouldn't be a problem is he paid for some drinks. Dude just sounds lonely and is making his workers pay for it

This is exactly what it feels like at my work. I wonder what the fuck that guy can have going on for him. He just feels pathetic and it's exhausting dodging his retarded invites.