Georgia

What goes on here?

It hasn't really been in the news a whole lot since the war. I understand SaakaĆĄvili kind of went from hero of the revolution to controversial figure, fled abroad, had some drama with Poroshenko, then ended up in jail after returning?
How has the overall situation developed, regional disputes, coping with Russian pressure, etc?
Now they're applying for EU membership? Seems a bit of a tense moment for it.

Attached: georgia.jpg (1800x1125, 219.4K)

Calling all Georgian bros and other Caucasus experts

Attached: 72pZXzH.gif (500x600, 981.76K)

>What goes on here?
Literally nothing
And nobody's going to accept either Georgia or Ukraine in the EU, it's just a symbolic act.

Ukraine? Maybe, like a couple or several decades in the future. Assuming the Russians GTFO and the country takes big strides in the right direction.
With Georgia though it's really tough, purely for reasons of geography. Even if you were in a state to join and in principle we were happy to have you, it seems like a very precarious situation when your connection to Europe is blocked by either open water or Russia.

Russia colony?

They might be able to join if Turkey joins, which will probably never happen.

Georgians are weird. They are their own thing.

Not in any presently foreseeable scenario, no. Erdogan took that effort 30 years backwards in the last 10.

They wanted to apply for EU membership in 2024, but now that Ukraine wants to join, I guess they decided to have a try. NATO and EU talks here started in 2003 and since than we were always hearing about our potential to join them. It was never really real, tho. It was basically a way to keep hope for a better future. We are definitely going to get rejected and things are going to get a lot more miserable. Pro-Russian preusonationalists cocksuckers already became a vocal minority here and they are always underlining the fact that west doesn't want us. Now that we are going to get btfo, all hope will be lost.

Georgia is not a European country. Sorry Georgia bros.
>t. expert in non European countries

You do better than us in 2004, why shouldn't we accept you?

There are many different reasons, but to keep it short: you are yuro, we are wannabe yuros; we have occupied territories and R*ssia is probably going to bomb us once they are done with Ukraine; This shithole is really corrupt and poor; our government is closet pro-russian, even tho they don't admit it; EU has enough problems now to even bother about us.

What do you think of Armenia?
They are pro russian af.

Considering how Russians left them to get raped by Azeris, I wouldn't be so pro-R*ssian if I was Armenian

I want them in the EU purely based on them having a pretty looking alphabet and a nice flag.

Russia has no real reason to bomb us and I think the Ukraine shitshow has dissuaded them.

Peaches, racism, and Coca-Cola

I can definitely see Ukraine being accepted into the EU

Also I heard that hiking in Georgia seems to slowly get more popular.

Has the Georgian military gotten much stronger since 2008?

Georgia in the EU makes no sense but NATO makes a little more and if we could have you in it then your geographical location alone would probably have you accepted

Good food
Nice people
Amaizing views
Wierdly obsetion about stalin
Cheap flights
Generally a good place for beginner hitchhikers