How do thirdies learn English just by watching a shit ton of TV and playing video games...

How do thirdies learn English just by watching a shit ton of TV and playing video games? I have a little bit of Introduction to French under my belt and tried the same thing but they talk so fast I can't make anything out

Attached: apuscare.jpg (236x224, 8.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CxmAQPH6EBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Use subtitles then

I just anglicize french words

It just came naturally to me, I can't explain it either

Vocaroo of you doing this

THE WORLD HAS BEEN ANGLO'D

BLACKED ftfy

>they talk so fast
Watch Swiss tv then. It's much slower. youtube.com/watch?v=CxmAQPH6EBM

it takes a long time, the thirdies didnt learn english after their first year of gaming
start with french songs and read the lyrics as you listen
you can then move on to french tv with french(!) subtitles. bonus tip: childrens tv. they speak in slow simple sentences and repeat things often
if your serious get an actual schoolbook to learn grammar and just remember it will take long

Very American question
Learning a second language should come without saying in any educational system

You need to start learning a language when you are a kid. It gets harder and harder the older you get.

we start very early like literally consuming american media when we are children. we grew up playing AOE2 or whatever english game so its very easy when you are still a kid

You only need to know English.

I'm interacting with english since I was 6 y/o, so it kinda developed naturally through the years

Learning a language that isn’t English is a waste of time. I regret having learned some French in school.

I learnt my first English from watching my older friends play Leisure Suit Larry.

You a retard

I studied German for like 7 years and can't remember any of it because it was useless to me and I didn't use it after school. If you aren't going to use a language pretty much daily it's pointless.

100% true. Now imagine if you used that time to learn something useful, like more time for English classes or programming…

It's different when 99% of media you consume is English-language, whereas you're most likely just watching an episode here and there.

Same here but with french.
After primary school never used it so I don't remember any of it.