Do americans not have public universities? Why are their course so expensive...

Do americans not have public universities? Why are their course so expensive? How is their student debt so fucking high I don't get it

Attached: 1645658753040.png (590x607, 257.22K)

We do and they’re really not expensive unless you’re there for 8 years. I went to a local private school and it was around 50k/year

>50k a year
Bros wtf

women are more privileged so they pay more

$50k/year is a lot. I think my university was around $6k/semester.

>not expensive
>50k/year
sigh

The worst part is that I had a full-ride at a state school. About 20k of that was paid through a talent scholarship each year and the bulk of the loans were federal - which is a joke. I ended up with 50k total in private, high interest loans. I pay $850 a month and about half goes to accrued interest.

I said private, not public. Public is more like this

Mine is ~6k a semester. Most of the cost come at room and board though. Kind of a scam unless STEM degree then it almost makes sense. We have community schools that are really cheap though

The cancel all student debt crowd is just a vocal reddit minority

I would pay 171 euros per semester or 342 euros per year in totam (no tuition fees, all of that are just administrative fees)
Of course, quality of education suffers as a consequence and jobs here don't pay nearly as well as in the U.S.

this is literally due to female privilege
women have more debt because more of them go to university

Why would you take out a loan that you can't pay back?

Attached: 1644995300415.jpg (768x1024, 64.77K)

Too young and naive to make an informed decision. Especially with parental pressure or expectations.

my question is like, say they cancel student loan debt. what then? like, do people just go about getting loans again like normal?

because to cancel the entire loan system would basically destroy the financial structure of all the colleges in the country.

i'm not saying thats a bad thing, but i just wonder.

>929 / 1700 = 54.6%
>two-thirds
did a woman write this tweet?

Attached: 111896436347.png (1000x700, 100.75K)

How come the tuition fees are so high. Dont universities make tons of money from college sports too?

They mean forgive debt and I guess make federal loans into free tuition assistance. The govt doesn’t give out a whole lot unless you go to grad school though. The real problem is the private loans with more interest than you can keep up with.

Because they can charge that much

Their market is flooded with an octillion low interest loans for studying so they can just keep pushing up the education fees because people will keep paying for them. Same problem with their healthcare system basically. As long as people keep paying prices will keep going up.

How high is the default rate on American students loans? I feel like most people will pay it back without issue while just having a normal job
Sure, it might take many years but at least they won't default

afaik you can't declare bankruptcy on your student loans.

hahahahahaha

>totam
*total

Fucking retarded drone boomers pushing every single kid into college

Yeah this way they make even more. College is seen as essential now so people will pay regardless of price.

Can public universities charge as much as they want? Couldnt the government cap the tuition fee something?

wow thats evil.
fucking americans now i see why they admire the cuban doctors that make more driving taxis.