Is Tibet culturally closest to Central Asia, South Asia, or East Asia?

Is Tibet culturally closest to Central Asia, South Asia, or East Asia?

Attached: 122_china_tibet_Texture-cop.jpg (1000x778, 337.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibeto-Burman_languages
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

South asia due to their religious obsession. That’s why all their former government fled to india

central asia

Their religion, writing script and huge parts of their culture are influenced by South Asia.
But their administration historically has been East Asian. And genetically, obviously, they're closest to East Asians.

I would put India withdrawing its troops from Tibet in 1951 as one of our greatest blunders. The British government put an Indian base in Tibet to serve as a vanguard against Chinese expansion for their own interests. We should have continued in that fashion. The Brits were right. We should've fought to keep Tibet. Sure, the PLA might've chipped off most of Tibet but the urban centres like Lhasa would remain free if Indian aid was offered. We would have a buffer state between India and China and our relations with China long-term would've improved as well.

>due to their religious obsession.
Pre red china is just as religious.

nepal is already a buffer state between india and china.

in fact the entire himalayas belong to nepal.

India shouldve just annexed Bengal after 1971.

They are a mix of Central Asia, China and India.
Indian cultural influence was strongest before China invaded them

Culturally dominated by the subcontinent but almost always politically dominated by China, including most of the times when they were independent

Interesting, I didn't know about this. That seems like at the very least it would have been a better option than the current Chinese occupation.

SEA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibeto-Burman_languages

Attached: Lenguas_tibeto-birmanas.png (347x261, 8.08K)

Right, and then you'd control your water supply.

The real tragedy was Britain's refusal to recognise Tibetan sovereignty. We wanted to keep the Qing together so we could keep exploiting it. Should have just colonised Tibet and brought it into the Raj.

china's water supply is in tibet. all of the headwaters for the important indian rivers are on their side of the himlayas

Yes, Diego, thank you for restating my point.

Whoa.

>Right, and then you'd control your water supply.
you were replying to an indian. if you wanted to refer to india controlling china's water supply you should've said "then you'd control their water supply". why cant bongistanis speak their own language?

Oh, I see. You should have written it like this:

>All of the headwaters for the important indian rivers are on their (the Indian) side of the himalayas

Because 'China' is the topic of the paragraph, it makes it seem like 'their' refers to China (because 'Indian' is an adjective, not a noun, and so wouldn't be the subject of the sentence.

Anyway, you're wrong. Look at a map.

china was not the topic of the paragraph since it was a reply to your post, but i can see how it was confusing. which major indian river has its source in tibet?