This is not a diss post about the US. I'm genuinely curious how the middle class survives there with these bills...

This is not a diss post about the US. I'm genuinely curious how the middle class survives there with these bills. I always thought their insurance covered the entirety but seems to be not. Does one instance of being sick burn all their life savings or something?

Attached: Screenshot_20220223-223402.png (760x801, 592.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2022/01/19/56percent-of-americans-cant-cover-a-1000-emergency-expense-with-savings.html
naibuzz.com/10-countries-with-the-highest-radiologist-salaries/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

95% of people won't be hospitalized before reaching American Medicare age at what point they become everyone else's problem.
The 5% that do are either lucky with good insurance or their lives are probably ruined entirely

white Americans are rich, 10k is nothing for them

lol why would anyone ever go to an american hospital when you could hire an entire third worlder hospital for that money.

Fuck you?

Americans aren't poorfags like we are, they can afford to drop $10k on hospital bills every few years.

Explain this
cnbc.com/2022/01/19/56percent-of-americans-cant-cover-a-1000-emergency-expense-with-savings.html

See

>white americans are rich
>the other 56% are not
Math checks out just fine

I pay 50k in health insurance every year. Fuck the GOP for gutting the public option out of Obamacare. Made shit 100x worse for booth the private and public budgets

most of the time these hospitals won't come after you for medical expenses, you can ignore them.

Really? Do most people do this?

are americans really that rich?

>Obamacare
Was this like universal healthcare?

apparently americans also do something called DEBTMAXXING, meaning they take credit card loans but never had to pay them back
what the fuck

i wish that would be legal in europe

no most people pay them because they don't want their credit score to be hurt, but if you're a poorfag with bad credit then it's not gonna cost you anything. They don't care enough to press legal action

Yes. To calculate your American wage, just triple your current income and then half the taxes.

Attached: average_american_job_2.png (1352x1171, 143.06K)

500k salary

wtffffff

$9k for 3 days is fucking cheap lmao

how do you think poor people have children

>tf
>tp

Eurobros.... not even our tax havens compare to the average american

IT'S FUCKING OVER

You can but it will eviscerate your credit score
Not really
No

>doctors make a lot of money
in other news water is wet

lol I make 4k/month and it's considered a very very good wage here as most people make 2.2k

not even CEOs in banks here make 500k

Your salaries are absurd and just insane

>I pay 50k in health insurance every year.
wtf

Dollars or euros?

naibuzz.com/10-countries-with-the-highest-radiologist-salaries/

radiologists make a shit ton of money no matter the country bro

Only for certain jobs

what kind of question is that lol

I'm a doctor moving there in a few months.

Basically there are 4 main ways of getting healthcare

1) medicaid, which is free or near free healthcare for poor and disabled
2) medicare, which is free or near free healthcare for people at retirement age
3) just buying it privately (either health insurance or the healthcare itself) which is what self employed people do. Pretty expensive.
4) getting insurance with your job which is how most people get it

I'll talk about 4 since it is the most common way of getting healthcare. There is a deductible which you have to pay before the insurance starts paying out e.g. $1k, then you pay a percentage of the bill e.g. 20%, then eventually when you'll hit the out of pocket maximum when e.g. $5k. You often have to pay a certain amount each year to have the plan which is called the premium.

Prices varies heavily, generally depending on the quality of the job. I think this pic is pretty much as shit as you can get. My job is coming with zero premium zero deductible health/optical/dental meaning that not only do I have "free" healthcare like in the UK I'll get free glasses and free teeth cleanings but again I feel like this is an outlier

In general though healthcare is cheaper there in saved taxes than in the UK if you have a vaguely decent job and take vaguely decent care of yourself.
If you have a top tier job, exercise regularly and eat a very health diet it is FAR cheaper in saved taxes.
If you work min wage your entire life, smoke and eat like shit then healthcare there is far more expensive but that's only because you actually have to pay for it yourself instead of offloading it to other people.

>germany
>250k as radiologist
I call BS on that one
they make probably more like 80k-100k€ and even that is a stretch

I meant $4k/mo or €4k/mo?

Reminder that everyone else in america has to pay for the price the fatties constantly incur and that corporations have directly negotiated with politicians through """lobbying""". Obesity is literally our number 1 expenditure if you factor in its externalities

>france
>155k
LMAO wtf. Who made that shitty list?
Doctors in france make like 2000 € /month

holy shit i am mad at this stupid article

why does this cost fucking 60k?

a quick google says otherwise so

I live in europe, not the US

dude no one in germany earns 250k. Maybe some CEOs

Why are you moving?

radiologist is a like a top tier doctor bro. and that might be before tax but even still it's a lot of money and my main point still stands

those jobs are taken by Indians and Chinese people

in luxembourg they pay in rubel

It just gives public health insurance to poor people. The full plan was to give that insurance to the entire country so it would compete with private insurers and force down costs. The Republicans gutted the full plan and now only blacks and rednecks get it while the government still has to pay at inflated prices because private insurers keep those prices up. Also keep in mind that the famous Republican trillion-dollar tax cuts like the one Trump did only removed $200 from my taxes (average American only had $50 deducted lol) and the reason the GOP says we can't have free healthcare is because those tax cuts are more important. Fuck that party of corporate cucks and oligarchs

no they don't.
a lot of doctors, be it radiologists or whatever work abroad, for example here as they are paid more than in france
i tell you, doctors in france have a starting salary of 1200€/month

Most of them are deeply in debt their entire lives and live in fear of a big expense that makes them homeless.

Doctors make less than electricians.

>Most doctors in the UK work under the NHS hence have a standard salary. The basic starting salary for a trainee specialty earns between £37,200 – £47,000. Newly qualified consultants have a starting salary of £78,000 and this goes up to £105,000 annually once one attains 10 – 19 years of experience.

Imagine a doctor in America with 20 years of experience making $140,000. Absurd, right? Well, now maybe you understand a bit better why we complain so much about our salaries here in Europe.

Attached: british housing.png (1418x727, 961.04K)

you can literally just google their salaries bro idk what to tell you.

See pic related. Take home pay doesn't diverge significantly until you're earning like £100k atleast

Attached: usukchart.png (1008x716, 33.74K)

>americans still habe the misapprehension that europe is first world

Deary me

The kicker with the US system is the amount of paperwork their system creates. You constantly have to send claims, collect proof, check, double check and triple check your contract, keep bills in check etc etc etc It's a bureaucratic nightmare where you always end up feeling like you're getting screwed by corporate assholes with their slick lawyers and deceitfully nice customer service.

4000€ per month (which is around 2900€ after taxes) puts you into top 10% earners in this country. American wages are indeed absurdely high. Tax records here are public domain and my town of 30k there's only handful of people who earn +150k

it depends
The private sector pays a lot because they gauge their customers

i dont know
but
as a general thumb or rule :
anyone earning more than 100k-200k € in europe is either 1) a CEO of a very big corporation/bank OR 2) is into illegal things (drugs, human trafficking etc)
a normal human being doesn't make that much money here.

Same in the uk

Also we have the double jeopardy that to earn high amounts you generally have to live in London, so in real terms you might as well not bothered

Not him but you're missing the point.

In the states to make $500k you just have to be like top 5% in raw intelligence, work your arse off in school, put a bit of thought into career, go to a top college and get a generic prestige job e.g. radiologist. This will work very reliably.

In the UK this just won't cut it. To make $500k in the UK you have to be insanely gifted and reach the absolute top of your field.

Sure it's not easy in the USA, but it's far, far easier to make good money in the states than here.

For absolute shit jobs you earn more here. For below average jobs it's about the same. For average jobs they definitely have it better. Difference just gets bigger the better the job.

Ironically medicine is one where the difference is smallest. The USA is just insanely rich.

buddy you have no idea do you

Yes, you don't even need to show ID to the hospital so you can give them all bullshit info and they will never find you. Illegals go the ER and get free healthcare and no one cares. That's why it's so expensive for other people.

The simple answer is that America has actual social darwinism. Shit genes and health that causes people to need to constantly pay for their healthcare pushes them out of the middle class. And if they are middle class anyways, then they could've been upper class without their shit genes.

I'd look at that y axis... the difference in $$$ is bigger than it looks.