Can you educate me on Canada? What's their identity based on? Is there canadian patriotism and what it looks like?

Can you educate me on Canada? What's their identity based on? Is there canadian patriotism and what it looks like?

Attached: adventure-alpine-canada-756790.jpg (4032x3024, 2.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qi5KRoPLM-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mildest wypipo you can find

It's like America in terms of its wide range of cultural and language groups but without a plastic-y artifical unifying "culture".

>What's their identity based on?
not being america
>Is there canadian patriotism and what it looks like?
liberals take pride in not being america, convervatives try to imitate american conservatives

Theres more regional identity than national identity imo

It's not always a bad thing. I'd like living in polite and safe society

fuck Georgia and the Ukraine now they want alaska back kek

Attached: 1639110622786.jpg (1106x1012, 521.25K)

quebec supposedly clings tightly to its french heritage and wants it to live on all over north america products have french instructions because of them lol

Canada is more fake than us

Canadian patriotism can be superficial "look at me I drink Tim Hortons and Molson Beer I'm so Canadian". Then there's patriotism in the form of respect for Canadian symbols, heroes, soldiers and traditions, and wanting to protect our history and unique identity (whatever that is).
There's also But it's also very superficial. Canadians brag that we do things differently than the USA does (we're more liberal), but we are greatly influenced by them and copy them in many ways. Most Canadians don't understand the differences between American and Canadian identity. Nor is there an attempt to decide which American influences we should accept or reject: other than "we should be more liberal", or "we should be more republican"

>wages a lot lower than in the US
>Taxes a lot higher than in the US
>Everything is smaller and more expensive than in the US, specially houses which cost literally 5 times more if not more.
>No freedom,
>Almost everyone lives next to the US border
>Their entire culture revolves around mocking americans, calling the US a shithole and trying t not be american despite being an american copy-cat that's worse than the US in literally every measurable way.

Do you have canadian Dostoevsky or Tolstoy? or maybe canadian "war and peace"?

This. The only plus is you wont get gunned down in broad daylight and skiing is better. Young motivated people all want to leave for the US.

nope. We have a 2 page children's story called "The Hockey Sweater"

Anne of Green Gables is the most iconic book I can think off of the top of my head, but even thats just a light romance novel, nowhere near as serious and philosophical as War and Peace

It's like Florida, but for asian boomers.

>Cultural identity is based on brands
You really are americans

we have Winnie Pooh

Attached: canada1.jpg (1000x736, 292.09K)

Nah, we're a white trash working class nation. People are too busy making a living to do any of that fancy shish.
Unironically the best representations of Canadian culture (or at least the ones most easily understood by foreigners) are Trailer Park Boys and Fubar
youtube.com/watch?v=qi5KRoPLM-M

Attached: 1638005416198.png (706x714, 506.45K)

Divided country and mostly region specific nationalism instead of country wide. Sorry but we Frenchmen have absolutely nothing in common or have any attachment towards Indian phone scammers from Ontario or whatever.

The only thing I know about Canada is truckers protesting and maple syrup. I used to work with two Canadians in my previous job but honestly they were kinda like Americans with extra steps.