Why do South Slavs view each other as entirely different ethnicities just for having a different religion?

Why do South Slavs view each other as entirely different ethnicities just for having a different religion?

Attached: Yugoslavia_ethnic_map_1991.jpg (1643x1715, 836.34K)

shut up fat

Is it possible for an Orthodox Croat to exist?

They are the slav equivalent of a hillbilly redneck

Why do Americans view themselves as Irish just because they dump some paint in a river and drink stout once a year?

Instead of seething can you just answer the question?

Yeah. Ethnicity is about how you grow up and which culture you feel attached to. You could technically change your ethnicity with enough time but I doubt you could fully embrace it if that change was made as an adult. I’m an atheist Bosniak and couldn’t call myself anything else even though my ethnicity is very heavily defined by Islam. I would feel like an outsider to Croats and Serbs and they wouldn’t fully accept me as theirs either if they knew the environment I grew up in. For example, yugoslav super star Lepa Brena is Bosniak but identifies as yugoslav and no one considers her Serb despite not practicing Islam, living in Beograd, and marrying a Serb. Her kids will probably identify as ethnically Serb but who knows

whiter than u, sean rodriguez lopez!

Me? Yugoslav.

Attached: 344759.jpg (960x870, 116.34K)

Why do Americans talk about ethnicity when they're the last people that should be talking?
My irrelevant village was mentioned before the discovery of America

The difference between Croats and Serbs is not religion. The difference is that some are Croats and others are Serbs. As the Poles and the Russians are two different peoples.

Tvoji preci bili su hrvati ili srbi, 'bosnjaci' su izmisljotina iz holiday inna 93. Tvoj nacionalni identitet definirao je islam. Kako kazes da si ateist, saznaj da li su ti preci bili hrvati ili srbi i shodno tome uzmi ime tipa hrvoje horvat ili nemanja srbljanovic. I dalje ces regionalno ostati ono sto jesi, covjek iz bosne, no bar se neces brukati meme identitetom. Tvoji preci napravili su gresku jer su presli na islam. Ti to mozes ispraviti.
Ti si bugarin, makedonci su davno izumrli anticki narod.

I wouldn't want to live with Serbs and Bosnians even if they were all Catholic, but I'm still forced to live with them

I really don’t give a shit if you recognize my ethnicity as real or not lmao

t. literally a local in Pula, Rijeka, Zagreb

if a man is willing to kill or die just not to be in the same country with his genetically closest people then this is valuable distinction
no scot would go to war with an english just to be independent
same with catalonians and castilians

There's all this mess and then just perfectly formed Slovenia. What's up with that?

ottoman invasions pushing everyone north and military frontier in croatia

ITT a lot of shit flinging and no actual explaining of what's supposed to be the different between Croats, Bosniaks and Serbs other than religion.

The Ottoman Empire's ethnic map resembled a tiger skin, they said...but Slovenia wasn't in the Ottoman Empire.

Just read the Wikipedia articles

To je povijesna cinjenica, jednostavno apeliram na tebe da popijes crvenu pilulu.

Yeah because religion is never a cause of conflict right?

>he doesn't know

Attached: Untitled.jpg (756x507, 237.25K)

What is the difference between Brazil and Argentina other than language?