Mad how ESLs can be fluent in English but not understand a word a Britisher says or use the words commonly used in...

Mad how ESLs can be fluent in English but not understand a word a Britisher says or use the words commonly used in Britain

Attached: DD90A21C-6816-4983-9EB4-B5555EEA509A.jpg (639x652, 85.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0KWxTAhJ5X0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mad innit

I grew up with Doctor Who, Mr Bean, Coronation Street, Dad's Army, Fawlty Towers and other shows from the UK so that's where I learned most of my vocabulary.

Mental how Britishers still believe the peculiar dialect of their Nowhershire should be the standard variety of English worldwide.

britishers have like 20 unique words and phrases tops

Beyond wrong.

prove it

If you expose a German speaking to Swiss German audio without telling them that it is swiss, it sounds like a different language.

If you expose an Anglophone to another Anglophone accent, they can tell you directly where it comes from. All Anglo variations (British, North American, Austronesian, and South African) are basically the same (save for a few words and accents) because the British and US empires adopted mass communications (telegraphs, telephones, steamships) first. In the past decades, the US has dominated mass media (Hollywood, silicon valley) so it makes sense that the American style of speaking would dominate.

>britishers cant even speak their own language properly

I wish I spoke with a british accent instead of a shitmerican one but it just sounds so forced

You literally speak Argentinian
Re-wire your brain

I wont stop watching hollywood prouctions so doubtful

I'm under the impression that Brits don't like it when jfs use their slang. could be wrong though.

Why don't you speak with a Swedish one?

Attached: 1609388556859.jpg (976x850, 162.56K)

Germans and scandis say “safe” from what I hear

ESLs--which side is more familiar to you?

Attached: 1644608600325.png (1191x808, 76.81K)

what the fuck is any of this shit

mad how i can speak english with a pole or romanian and whe are both dogshit at speaking it but understand each other perfectly, at the same time an native english speaker dont understand me.

There is a Swedish accent ofcourse but its very influenced by american english

I’ve experienced this with Indians before, they both spoke English but I struggled to understand them

Give me a transcript of this please
youtube.com/watch?v=0KWxTAhJ5X0

I know the German and Italian stuff

a bunch of words, pus is how well they are known in the US and puk is how well known they are in the UK, presumably they are a percentage out of 100

Almost all of you speak with a strong accent and slur your words. And it's getting worse. Go see a film or a TV programme from the 1970s or 1980s - British English in those productions was still understandable. It isn't today. It's as if education on the rainy island has declined heavily.

Shart post, big cringe.

I’ve seen it many times before it became a meme. It’s a satire video but most don’t realise this.

To quote from the comment section, "Getting mugged in the UK has to be the most physically painful comedy show on the planet."

All anglos twist their tongues too much when speaking and all their words come out aspirated (with h sound). It's more of your fault than ours

you simply lack english proficiency if you believe this to be the case, that's what happens when you spend your life writing english and get no actual exposure

>Almost all of you speak with a strong accent and slur your words. And it's getting worse. Go see a film or a TV programme from the 1970s or 1980s - British English in those productions was still understandable. It isn't today.

Not really. Is just more accents are being exposed on British television than the post RP accent

MUSHY PEAS

Attached: 1645185434099.jpg (1447x1437, 181.08K)

Maybe it depends on where you're from. Just yesterday I watched "The Chelsea Detective" and understood everything fine. Contrast that with an episode of "Police Interceptors" (West Yorkshire), and I'm starting to have real difficulties in understanding the constables and the arrestees.

On the left column I know Kwanza
On the right column I know tippex, tombola, chipolata, and escalope. Everything else is gibberish

damn frodo and sam fell on hard times

It's not the foreigners' fault that working class people can't speak properly and use idiotic idioms all the time.

yeah you expect fluent english and when its not you dont understand it, while we are used to both looking for the words to first express ourselfs and then again looking for their possible meaning when listening. some stubborn foreigners refuse to speak norwegian for this reason, they get tired of us not understanding them and feel dumb, so they rather speak english then we are all equals. it must be hell for their kind in uk.

Kek

I know literally 4 things on here

how is that possible, even i know luau, kwanza, tamale, kielbasa and goober from american media and i know all of the right hand ones except two

>Americans haven't heard of chipolatas

Smh

>chigger
heh

i know 8 things from this list

I'm not a fat fuck I guess is how

>hibachi
Sounds Japanesee

i think it's more likely you're a recluse of some sort

>bloody
>'ell
>arse
>innit
>cheeky
>lads
>chips
>footy
>sod off
>nonce
>chewsday
>tad
>simple as
>brexit means brexit
>luv
>missus
>banter

Attached: 1619621266240.png (260x197, 118.36K)