I visited post-SSSR countries and I was suprised how shitty their commie blocks look compared to Polish ones...

I visited post-SSSR countries and I was suprised how shitty their commie blocks look compared to Polish ones. It's like there's always something wrong with: maybe they're unecessary big, or the're just dirty and ill-kept, or they're made out of this ugly brick, or for some reason every inhabitant made his own personal balcony from materials different than his neighbours.
I don't mean to hate Russia / Ukraine / etc., just want to know reasons. Is it the money thing? Or some governing issues?

Attached: blocks.jpg (1380x948, 645.4K)

>bottom left
you're like a baby, watch this

Attached: 1634892304862.jpg (640x640, 89.53K)

Does Poland has khrushchyovkas or did only actual soviet states get those?

For comparision, this is how almost every block (except few exceptions) look in my neighbourhood. Not too tall (4/5 story high), well-kept, painted in last 5/6 years.

Attached: ochota.png (1449x757, 1.34M)

Basically Sweden/Germany

This is how big post-commie blocks look like. It's called falowiec (wave-building? waveform?) and there are a lot of them in GdaƄsk.

We don't have khrushchyovkas, they made blocks with different technology. I think only actual soviet states get those.

Attached: falowiec.jpg (2000x1332, 1.25M)

>style over substance
lol

This is how not-so-well kept blocks look in small (~20k) town worker class neighbourhood look like.

Attached: small.png (1756x852, 2.18M)

>No fences on windows below third floor
What did they mean by this

Please explain what substance khrushchyovkas have that other mass-housing buildings lack of.
Look at this, apperently some madlad in Russia builded his own lift.

Attached: lift.jpg (400x210, 35.2K)

Commie blocks need renovation/restoration at least partially which costs tons of money and ex soviet cuntrees are too broke to afford that.

Do they even have stuff where they meet up about about renovating and painting the block?

Attached: lasna.jpg (1000x654, 180.5K)

right bottom photo, you can see them on the first floor

>Look at this, apperently some madlad in Russia builded his own lift.

Based

>Please explain what substance khrushchyovkas have that other mass-housing buildings lack of.
They are cheaper and can be spammed quicker (about 1 year construction time per building i think) meaning more people get to live in their own flat.
The appearance is irrelevant whatsoever. What's the point of having pretty buildings if half your population lives in absolute dirt or homeless.

Nah, not op-post, that'd be impossible

Looks even more depressing than russian commie blocks imo

Fences on windows?
What for?

Is restoration of exterior walls so expensive? Labour cost is cheap here, for materials you're mostly using paint (and maybe styrofoam / glass wool).

Britain is eastern european

Attached: 01~2103.jpg (545x360, 224.06K)

Attached: Edgbastonblocks.jpg (850x638, 138.15K)

I thought it was Mediterranean

Yeah, but I'm talking about well-keeping those that are already built. This building was built in like 50/60s. Russia population isn't increasing, what's the point of building shitton of buildings every year.
I think they're necessary in high-crime countries.

>but I'm talking about well-keeping those that are already built.
well if it's not falling apart there's no point in fixing it.
If it's really bad, just buld a new one, move all residents there and that's it.
That's how it's done here.

Tutorial country can't understand