Let's close down coal power plants and turn them into gas plants which we will be buying from Russia

What can go wr-

Attached: IMG_20220223_095758.jpg (1080x1041, 268.07K)

you guys are idiots, just build nuclear pp and don't care about energy next 50 years

Germany is more corrupt that Africa imo. I think they got bribe orders from the industry to cut nuclear. People shit on America, but Germany is a better example of a dystopia.

its all about the initial cost of building a new pp. gas pp are very easy to build and are more efficient compared to coal, also pollutes less so you don't have to spend even more money to prevent high pollution. nuclear pps are really expensive to build due to construction costs. that's why governments etc don't want to build nuclear pps.

we get our gas from Azerbaijan, and the frogs get their electricity from nuclear.
While it will raise our prices, it won't be that drastic, and it will be reducede by the government paying for it while alternatives are built.
This is mostly a problem for germs, and a weakened germany is always a good thing for meds

Not my problem.

Attached: 1616223922258513-0.png (480x373, 282.08K)

it takes like 10 years to build a plant from scratch, and by the time you're done it might be obsolete or replaced by renewables.
I'm all for it, but even ignoring all the autistic greens' screeching, it's understandable that governments are a bit cautious in adopting a technology many hate, which has very long term costs before it's productive (the exact opposite of what politicians aim for) and may become obsolete before its built.

We will be making bank in the third quarter when this pipe was supposed to be in operation

Attached: Jens%20Stoltenberg.jpg (300x200, 30.55K)

*yawn* whats this "Nord Stream" everyone keeps talking about?

Attached: Trans_Adriatic_Pipeline.png (800x600, 189.25K)

>yuropoors are still paying for energy
any other nuclear fusion chads in this thread right now? loving my new reactor so far

Attached: 1618138758070.jpg (2544x4000, 865.36K)

We will get our own stupid "norf stream"

Attached: sahar.png (714x722, 319.74K)

The problem is that the government takes everything and the people will be stuck paying European tier energy prices for heating our homes.
Millennials and boomers here are about to get fuuuuuucked

Wtf is there something you didn't tell us??

Attached: 1624031273811.png (320x320, 130.27K)

nuclear pps have a lifespan of like 40-50 or even more years. they don't "become" obsolete btw, that term doesn't apply to long lifespan nuclear pps. they don't take 10 years to complete as well, like 5 maybe. also the main reason why govs don't really want to build them is because of return of investment and initial cost of building it,

>Capital cost, the building and financing of nuclear power plants, represents a large percentage of the cost of nuclear electricity. In 2014, the US Energy Information Administration estimated that for new nuclear plants going online in 2019, capital costs will make up 74% of the levelized cost of electricity; higher than the capital percentages for fossil-fuel power plants (63% for coal, 22% for natural gas), and lower than the capital percentages for some other nonfossil-fuel sources (80% for wind, 88% for solar PV).[48]

Unit 3 is ready now

its called having morals

I want germans to suffer.

>tfw you will never get cheap energy from the kiwi Dyson sphere
come on guys, its our sun too

Attached: 8198616151654.png (882x758, 15.1K)

The frogs have the right idea with nuclear, European countries shouldn't be dependant on any non-European countries for energy.

Imagine not being able to also buy gas from ships. Wtf Germany? I thought you were all about planning long term? LMAO

Attached: Existing-and-planned-LNG-terminals-in-Europe-GIIGNL-2016-GLE-2015.png (850x679, 279.35K)

its more expensive you know

True, shit will be expensive

If there was a moral side to this story, we wouldn't be buying oil from OPEC too

first of all:
>eheheheheh pps

secondly,
by obsolete I mean that new generations are created every once in a while, which produce more energy and less waste, and which are overall safer.
But yeah, the main problem is that it costs a shitload of time and money to build, and a politicians career might already be over before they're done building it, so they only get the negatives of the increased spending and none of the political dividends of cheaper energy ten years later.

Yes but better than nothing.
Now Germany is shitting its pants because they are on risk of getting 0 gas while at least we still have other options.
Also we can send gas to the rest of Europe from our plants.
The Med will rise thanks to German autism.

>we still have other options.
Look at where the LNG ships are coming from.
You'll be beholden to the israeli vassal across the Atlantic. The only reason they give a shit about any of this is because they can now sell you more gas. This was the -real- reason Biden was so intent on shutting nordstream2