/brit/

The extent to which economic factors were responsible for the American Revolution cannot easily be measured. At first sight it is natural to attribute the disruption of England’s first empire to a policy avowedly designed to make the oversea settlements ‘duly subservient and useful.’ Yet contemporary English opinion held that the colonies ‘felt the benefit more than the burden* of the Acts of Trade, and the view appears on the whole well-founded. Irksome as their disabilities may seem on paper, the working of the system was not unduly onerous in practice. It was modified by concessions such as those which enabled the colonies to carry on trade direct with southern Europe in certain ‘enumerated commodities,* or it was evaded with the open connivance of the American authorities. This lax administration of the system helped to bring the authority and prestige of the mother country into disrepute; and habitual disregard for the laws of the parent state fostered a spirit of independence, which made any attempt at enforcement of the laws appear a gross act of tyranny.

edition

Attached: Pont de Berwick-upon-Tweed.jpg (1024x683, 97.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xx2T8mHIi-M&ab_channel=AlJazeeraEnglish
youtube.com/watch?v=6W2E6jNXzBE&ab_channel=HEALTH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=Xx2T8mHIi-M&ab_channel=AlJazeeraEnglish

mental how when i was a kid the queen was old, but now i'm old, and she's still old

bellend reeks of skips

Boooooooo

>girl on uber
>diamond reviews
every time

Had a dream I got a new dog

ever get deja vu and it reminds you of a recurring dream?

deja poo

dont rob banks

Pootin

Doe she give a complementary hand job?

Have before yeah
Couldnt name precisely when or what though

the poowong constabulary have put out a warrant for my immediate arrest after nicking a packet of timtams from IGA

Brown bunda

Attached: F343B6F5-1188-46C2-AE98-0CA86581F752.png (1136x640, 958.29K)

*enters the thread*
>PWJGPJ#N-W# AMERICA IDB'O'BADADN

Attached: 1645595206459.webm (640x360, 871.63K)

fuck ive been looking for this video
what is it called again

*Enters brit*

Attached: Jello man.webm (640x800, 1.65M)

Too right

>INDUPENDENCE
>THE PEOPLE HAD GROWN TIRED
yeah we've heard seventy five gradrillion times

kek

Gotta somehow have $600 a month for rent. Christ. And food? And car insurance and all that other nonsense? Omg I'm freaking. Chain smoker and also two bags a day of dope me. These bills are insane.

Mad how half the users on /brit/ are Orientals

Yeah!

youtube.com/watch?v=6W2E6jNXzBE&ab_channel=HEALTH

what are you renting
thats low, you dont suffer

to be fair, you have to have a pretty high iq to understand /brit/