Do people really know what they want to do when they graduate college (university) in your country?

I'm supposed to pick a degree and then do that for the rest of my life, but I am one year away from graduation and I feel just as lost as I did 5 years ago. I have no clue what I want to do. Also are you really supposed to make life-long friends in college? Because if so I am terrified that I will never have friends or a girlfriend, because it hasn't happened so far.

Attached: cry2.jpg (768x768, 56.96K)

I dont know, i cant finish college, this last try or I will do shitty jobs for the rest of my life
I literally listen to Lose yourself everyday before studying

I fucking hate my life dude. I don't get how people are functional and happy. I really just don't get it.

You depressed? Go to therapy man
I used to feel depressed but now I just don't care, I just flow like a boat in water, just let life take you away, most people aren't very significant either way so you can relax, life is simple

I am in a similar situation.
Imagine your situation, where you're unsure about what you're doing and uncertain about what you will do in the future, except you're also in a master's program pursuing a degree you don't plan to use. I like the subject matter, but my life right now feels like a disaster occurring in slow-motion desu.
You just suck it up and mentally prepare to wagie your life away like everyone else.

Attached: 917d.png (769x612, 47.33K)

I want to achieve my goals and desires, and matter though.

This can't be all there is.

I don't know what to do either. College has been such a shit and lonely experience so far. What I want to truly do doesn't make money so I chose something else to major but I despise it. I wish I had more time to figure myself out and get better but I feel like everything is going by fast now.

Just aim for something profitable right now. You can get a gf and friends later, just make sure you finish the degree

I feel the exact same my man. I feel like I need to take time to breathe and figure out what I want from my life, but I just can't.

But I want to be happy, not just rich. I want to pursue a passion that will make my feel fulfilled, but I don't have any, I think, I don't know.

>This can't be all there is.

Attached: 917d.png (769x612, 46.89K)

Half Armenian?

It's just so difficult and there's so much pressure to get it done quickly. I wish I didn't immediately go to college after high school. I wish I had time to figure out what I really want but now I'm stuck and I can't even find myself anymore.

>I want to matter
M8..you aren't important. You never were going to be, you mathematically and statistically CANNOT BE. Just relax and be yourself.

I am on the opposite end. I wasted years of my life before finally deciding to go to college this year. I am kicking myself every moment of the day for not going into STEM right out of HS.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 21-49-07 world population - Google Search.png (684x148, 13.76K)

Yes.

Attached: 917bl.png (769x612, 134.97K)

>Just relax and be yourself.
I can't. I don't know why I am obsessed with it, but I feel like if I don't have any impact on the world than I am worthless.

>except you're also in a master's program pursuing a degree you don't plan to use
what degree are you pursuing half armenian user

What made you go to college late? Isn't it better that you're going now since you have a clear mind of what you want to do?

>But I want to be happy, not just rich. I want to pursue a passion that will make my feel fulfilled, but I don't have any, I think, I don't know.
This is good to keep in mind, but you also have to be realistic. My passions are languages and literature, but translation as a career is dying rapidly and literature as a career doesn't go anywhere except academia. So I pursued programming instead. You have to keep in mind that jobs in low-demand fields are very competitive, based on nepotism, and don't even pay well. So if you really love something, having to do it professionally can actually ruin it for you since it's such a pain in the ass to make a living from it. This is why high school teachers complain all the time even though they love teaching - it's not the students they dislike but the low pay, bullshit curriculae, lack of funding, and so on.

You need to compromise. Most people aren't lucky enough to enjoy naturally a lucrative line of work. Programming is time-consuming but any Any Forums user could do it, all it takes is time commitment.

I stayed in college for like 9 years for a bachelors simply because I didn't know what I wanted
Don't regret it, even though I am 60k in debt. At least I have somewhat clear desires in me for my future.

Just drop out and get a real job.

So you think taking the extra time was worth it?

Tldr op is a fag

For me it was. Used to be pretty depressed, and listless in life.
If you properly use the environment University can provide for meeting new people, discussing/participating in interesting things and topics, and for my case, studying abroad, then you should find a semblance of what you want.

Life is about letting new experiences shape you, and mold you until you become happier, and more sure of who you are, and what you want at any given time.

You know how many others feel that way? Practically everyone else. I know because I'm just a random guy who had the same issue until I realized how retarded it is. I've known so many people who are so desperate to become big or something. Don't let the pressure get to you, there is no pressure.

I was afraid of going to college because I figured I would have no friends, failed grades or get bullied like in HS. I thought I could self-motivate and learn a profitable skill, but I couldn't. Now I just don't care and don't see many ways forward besides getting a degree.

I can't say I've ever been in your situation. I graduated college two years ago and got a job immediately before I even graduated. For me work has always been work, something you just dick around doing for money with your head turned off and you spend your time doing the things you really enjoy now that you have the money to do it

Reminder that you can bullshit your way through all of undergrad just by being good at taking exams and doing projects, C's get degrees

Attached: 1615606771254.gif (498x498, 725.31K)