African Americans are one of the most famous ethnic groups in the world...

African Americans are one of the most famous ethnic groups in the world. But did you know they originate from the Mende tribe in what is today Sierra Leone? Well, now you know

Attached: aW5nLmpwZw[1].jpg (640x427, 72.71K)

we are a mixed race group of people and don't come from a single west african tribe

What do you think of Africans?

Not that poster, but somewhat annoying

Do mind expanding upon this opinion further user?

I feel like a lot of Africans have a superiority complex that doesn't make sense for them to have looking at the state of a lot of their countries. like the Africans on twitter who talk about selling black Americans for mirrors, but meanwhile they were colonized in their own lands by white people, some still pay colonial taxes, and had artificial borders carved up with no say.

I can understand that I’ve heard similar statements held by the older generation of Africans but young African (idk if they would be Africans since they are dispora born in western countries) love to larp as AA as do most zoomers. This has never happened to me but a lot of Africans say they experienced xenophobia from African Americans but then again everyone experience that, all in all I have mostly positive experiences with African Americans. I wish for one day the infighting to stop between us (sometimes the Twitter fighting is funny tho)

mixed feelings. I like the ones that are born and raised here. Not a fan of first generation Africans or immigrants in general in America. They can be extremely vain and annoying, and for no real reason as pointed out by the other user

Aren't they mostly Yoruba? So they can traced back to the fall of the Oyo Empire?

Duly noted user

Black Americans are a mixture of ethnic groups. We can't be traced back to one thing. I have ancestry from West, central, and South east Africa. A lot of it was from Benin, Mali, Mozambique, and congo.

Was your family from all around or were they all settled into one area?

Huh?

I’m retarted and sleepy, what I meant to ask you was that is your family all from one area or were they spread apart? For example my grandfather was from the northern part of Ghana but the rest of my family are southerners. Where does your family originate from (in the states) and do they all come from the same area? (I realized this question is a little personal so you don’t have to answer)

Well, everyone unless deep isolates is "a mixture of ethnic groups". But there's always a major one (the main line) and the minor ones (contact with other peoples)

Attached: 350px-Individual_ancestry_estimates_for_128_African_Americans.png (350x118, 42.16K)

Lol benis

Oh. Mothers side is from Jamaica the other is North Coralina and Massachusetts. My Grandfathers side immigrated to New york during the Northern Migration.

>Mothers side is from Jamaica
sorry sir you are not a foundational black american

Black Americans are afromutts just as we are euromutts

Woah that’s cool I don’t really see many black folks out here other than immigrants. So far I’ve met 5 and I’ve met countless African and Caribbean folks.

Oops migrated not immigrated
Now you know another

>White Americans are Euromutts
>Black Americans are Afromutts
>Latino Americans are Mutt mutts
Ugh, the amerimutt meme isn't just a meme...

Cool, I’ve been reading up on african american figures who lived here and it’s been pretty interesting

We are all mutted user I don’t think they are any pure breeds anymore

Have you ever visited Jamaica?