ESLs, what do you consider the best or worst feature of English?

ESLs, what do you consider the best or worst feature of English?

Attached: 7320C48B-7DEF-496B-919E-5FDFB18A146D.png (566x377, 74.1K)

they as singular pronoun

We've had it for centuries. But usually for people we don't know the gender of or talking about a hypothetical person, it predates this weird neo-gender stuff.

the best feature is that you can feature the word nigga in every single sentence and you sound like a native

best
>can create new words easily
>can put a bunch of words together without prepositions to express complex concepts (Mongolian weave basket forum)
>easy to learn basics
>sounds cool
worst
>fucked up orthography
>pronunciation very hard to learn (at least for a Spaniard)
>I never know when to use the "ing" form or the "to" form of verbs
>word order is grammatically meaningful so I can't just throw words and expect to make a correct sentence

>they as singular pronoun
How does it works? Would it be correct to say something like
>I don't know who they is or what they does
?

No, it always uses plural conjugation. You may, however, sometimes encounter "themself", though it may not be accepted by everyone. Also, your question should be
>How does it work?
When a verb is paired with the auxiliary do (and any other auxiliary except have), you always use the base form.

thanks fren

no problem

worst feature is pic rel

Send a vocaroo faggots, I wanna hear your cute accents

forgot the pic because i'm retarded

Attached: 1591786792436.jpg (1364x1600, 171.48K)

>best
The fact that English is simple and complex at the same time. Grammar isn't complicated, you can easily grasp the basics and build up from there, there are no cases, the word order is consistent, but despite all this the language is fully capable of serving as the medium for conveying complex concepts and creation of truly beautiful and rich literature, its seeming simplicity doesn't make it any less exuberant than other languages.
>worst
The fact that phonology is completely inconsistent with spelling. In Russian if you see the written word you will ALWAYS pronounce it right, you may place the stress at the wrong syllable, but be it the name of a small Polish town or a name of some obscure African chief of medieval times you will pronounce it correctly.

For me, the most difficult part is that you cannot be totally sure how a word is pronounced if you have never heard it before. For example, the words "colonel", "stealth" and "signal"

lowkey I’ve always wanted an ESL pen pal to lean Spanish with/teach English to but I worry I’m too retarded to represent this language

This fucks up native speakers that read a lot. I pronounced halcyon as "Hal-keuhn" when I first read it.

I find it cute that Brazilians can't tell the difference between beach and bitch or unkle and ankle

Best is that you have no gender, seeing how many people struggle with it in German

Worst is that you can't often tell how a word is written from how it's spoken

It's not context sensitve compared to bahasa

Is that more because English keeps absorbing foreign words or because pronunciations change over time for some words but not others?

girl's - belonging to the girl
girls' - belonging to the girls

>sounds cool
Explain