I wish the West had just made friends with Russia in the late 90's instead of being condescending pricks...

I wish the West had just made friends with Russia in the late 90's instead of being condescending pricks. We could all be laughing and eating borscht together by now...

I'm sorry it ended up like this Russiabros

Attached: 141881-full.jpg (693x448, 76.6K)

It is true that people excessively demonize Russia for the actions committed under Stalinism. Still, it is accurate to say that the Russia of today has many characteristics originating from Stalinism.
Even those Russians born today, far removed from that time, have the blemishes of Stalinism in their consciousness and mentality. It influences their domestic interactions, policies towards the world, relationships with outsiders, conception of the future, and more (all kinds of myopic and twisted behaviors, seriously).
A brief but comprehensive way of putting it is: they do what they believe is the right thing while at the same time causing evil. Think about Russian history and current events with this in mind. Test this statement against the facts, and you will realize how true it is. Do not forget this when you interact with a Russian, whether in this setting or a different one.

Attached: 917.png (769x612, 164.07K)

rape is good

The Russian state is inherently in opposition to the Western powers. The very idea of a close Russian-Western friendship is impossible, by definition. It’s like trying to make up down and down up. The very idea of Russia stands against the idea of the West. It is both a geopolitical and metaphysical rivalry.

>Murder, theft, rape.
your armenian dad raped your russian mom, tho

Did it ever occur to you that there is probably something fundamentally, inherently, seriously wrong with (You)? Like, people watch those movies where the mom gets impregnated by Satan, and still chooses to care and look after the baby. Imagine that. A mother, a creature biologically engineered to look after their offspring, goes to extreme lengths to nurture a demon spawn, yet (You) got rejected by your biological mother. She spurned you the way a woman might spurn a 5,3'' manlet schizoid (I'm sure you have quite the experience in that regard). Your own mother.
I believe this speaks volumes about (You) more than it does about your mother's so called vile Russian nature. I mean humans evolved to detect anomalies in other humans to make sure to avoid them. Your own mother knew you would be a pathetic schizoid from the moment she pushed you out of her meat flaps and chose to dip.
Reflect on yourself.

I don't see this "condescension".
Russia fucking collapsed becaus it switched to a market economy while no one in the country besides mafiosos knew anything about economics.
There was demand, so Western companies moved in and provided what the people wanted.

This "Putin was made by the West" bullshit is some weird mental gymnastics from the vatniks' side.

You abused your neighbours, so your neighbours sought safety guarantees, while continuing to trade with you. The only way to see this as an issue is if you plan on reestablishing your empire.

Being condescending pricks is what we do. If they couldn't handle the bants back then then they would have never fit in.

The West gave emergency loans to help them recover from the collapse of the USSR but it mostly went into Jeltsin's and his oligarchs pockets.

This is not true and is literal propaganda; in fact in the modern era Russia and the rest of European culture share more geopolitical common goals than quarrels.

There was literally talks to integrate Russia into the EU and NATO in the late 90's that were derailed because the American arms industry needs enemies for their profit, please learn the history.

i think it will get better eventually

putin mostly voices reaction of the older generation and people in russia overall don't really want much of the confrontation that happens for the recent several years, putin himself likely doesn't want any new war in ukraine, currently he seems to be satisfied with initiating another round of talks

i am not sure if we really be friends with the usa but the relationships with europe and to a less extent to the usa have certainly a chance to be significantly improved in a time, tensions will probably exist for quite a while though

i doubt that putin can succeed in effectively stopping nato's expansion but while its existence strategically threatens russia and will unless some serious change in nato's structure or policy happens threaten it and therefore cause some reaction and likely even some arms race, realistically speaking the possibility of a war being initiated by nato is miniscule so the measures that putin takes seems to be overall way too drastic, i dunno

predictable seethe from iron curtain countries

Obviously you know nothing about the Russian mentality.
They dont play win-win, but Russia stronk (funny illusion) - you have only troubles.

TF
TP
rectal alpinist in Putin ass

looking back you guys needed to come up with some sort of new marshall plan but people didn't realize what was going on and the political will wasn't there

could have saved the fledgling democracy and prevented a dictatorship

I have hope that Europe can be fully united one day. The only reason we can't is because they tell us we can't so they can make more missiles

I don't think it's too late for that by any means.

I don't really want to be friends with an American government filled with neocons.
It's not that we're some sort of freedom fighters, but we don't claim to be.

>I don't think it's too late for that by any means.
amen
In 10-15 years, Russia will be an open-air museum for young tourists who want to experience retro of their grandparents.

Russia - country where tomorrow means yesterday.

learn how to greentext

No, it will only get worse
It's been a trend for a decade, and there is no indication it will reverse
The world is moving towards a US-China confrontation, and there's no way we will be on the American side

Neocons really have no support anymore on the right.
The closest remnant of Neocons now are rootless cosmopolitan leftists from cities and college towns who have been indoctrinated by business interests to want a borderless world without national identity

Nobody wants a confrontation, that shit is all a LARP at this point.

You mean the regular people? Doubt they wanted the Cold War either.