Culturally what do the French think of themselves as? Southern European? Western European? Northern European...

Culturally what do the French think of themselves as? Southern European? Western European? Northern European? Or can the whole country not be defined one way or another?

At least from my outside American perspective they seem to be most culturally similar to Britain who I would classify as north European, yet seem at complete odds historically and in mannerisms to the Germans, while the southern coast very much seems Southern European with deep ties to Italy, Spain, and even Greece.

Attached: 97B70FC7-A83A-41D9-9998-A8C430FCCD40.png (658x924, 375.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ulcJGRVAphU
youtube.com/watch?v=GfGgQrVfpDY
youtube.com/watch?v=jj1_Ow5jrlo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably depends on region, just like how Southern Americans consider themselves different to Northern Americans

>Southern France
>Deep ties to Spain and even Greece
Wot. I guess the USA has deep ties to Norway because of Leif Eriksson.

Dumb mutt

Attached: 1644939390544.png (367x461, 22.99K)

>I guess the USA has deep ties to Norway because of Leif Eriksson.

Attached: 24F2FF89-7D31-49A2-A026-4384ED423359.jpg (828x944, 753.49K)

1. Leif Erickson only made it to Newfoundland which is Canada

2. The Norse Vikings settlement didn’t survive and is mostly a footnote, while the people of Marseille even today have Greek ancestry.

France is an African country.

Whether you like it or not Anglos are the closest relative of the Franks.

I say this and look like this

Strictly culturally speaking, French are negroes

west european, southern europe begins in spain or italy

I need you guys to understand that the average Joe doesn't think in terms of "Southern/Western/Northern European" and some other nerdy shit

Most French people are swarthy and they speak a Latinx language, so I'd say Southern Europe

they aren't swarthy at all wtf are you talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=ulcJGRVAphU
youtube.com/watch?v=GfGgQrVfpDY
youtube.com/watch?v=jj1_Ow5jrlo

>tv hosts

sauce

there is barely any tv host...

No they're not lol

no he's saying it because of the ancient Greek colonies and the Mediterranean culture in general

>Culturally what do the French think of themselves as?
french, and only french

>Culturally what do the French think of themselves as?
They culturally and ethnically see themselves as french people, maybe mutts don't realise this but european countries have (in most cases) very strong national identities, this isn't a fucking civ map

Attached: pepezarolho.jpg (857x779, 80.6K)

I identify as Cauchois