Has any of you learned Chinese ? What's your experience with it ? I got offered free classes

Has any of you learned Chinese ? What's your experience with it ? I got offered free classes

Attached: b81cb1b91d98b1410a5caaa3ae2b0055.jpg (960x960, 86.5K)

Take the classes, user. Free knowledge is always good.

Useful and fun(If you like a challenge). Take the classes

I mean I agree but I have that one slot open for other activities. If I take them, I won't be able to do ANYTHING else, and that's pretty hard-core. I need to ponder whether it's going to be fun or not at least

Thought that was Hiro for a second. Arr rook same.

It's very time-consuming, so it all depends on your dedication to practice every day.

I studied it intensely for more than 2 years and it's safe to say that I haven't moved past level B1 at best (reading-wise), but if I were to speak to a Chinese native I wouldn't understand 95% of what they're telling me anyways. Listening was definitely the hardest part since there are 400 syllables and thousands of words that can be created with them. If you want to read Chinese texts only I'd say go for it though since it's not hard to learn the characters.

I see. I'm out then. It would be great, but I just dont want to spend the little time I've got in mastering nothing since the classes are not intensive. I'll never move past A1

Don’t do it.

Honestly, if you want to learn because you like it sure, but if you want to learn because china might or might not become a hypothetical super power is just dumb. You won't need to speak chinese

They could literally take over the world tomorrow. I'll be dead in the ground before I speak ching chong.

Nah I'm just tempted because the classes were F R E E
Can you even speak another language?

isn't that a grill

The only words I know in Chinese are:
Ni hao (hi)
ni hao ma (how are you)
xie xie (thanks)
wunton (dumplings)
lao gan ma (chili oil sauce)
Bing Chilling (ice cream)

Arr rook same. Arr.

Yeah, don't do it in that case. You're better off studying some western Euro language since it'll benefit you more in the long run.

You like anime and stuff like that ? Get into japanese, you won't have the same problems with japanese, you wont say cock instead of apple for example, it's not a tonal lang like chinese, you also have more stuff to listen to to be able to learn it

Honestly, this will sound very incel, but I'm just interested in the girls and getting some friends. I feel japanese people aren't very welcoming. Chinese girls flock me though

Not anymore. Spoke Spanish as a kid but forgot it.

You have yellow fever ? Then go for koreans instead, out of all east asians they are the most foreigner friendly. What race are you ?

I'm of mixed EU parents, but I will always identify as paraguayan first. Wouldn't say yellow fever, but I do think asian girls are attractive