Question for ESLs:

When you go see American movies in a movie theater in your country, are they subbed or dubbed?

Attached: 1906E2F1-4E4C-4084-9434-3C81083E56FA.jpg (723x444, 23.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0uXHHBwxSFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Always subbed, every foreign media

Dubbed

Dubbed

Both

Mostly dubbed, but you can always find subbed or original if you want to feel special

Do you have your own dubbing or is it all russian?

So it’s typically dubbed, but there’ll be like one showing a day that’s subbed instead?

I has been a while since the last time I watched a movie, but probably both. It is not like I pay attention anyway, I understand both just fine, so whatever.

Animations I always watch dubbed, because the voice acting and localization is usually phenomenal, but all other releases I watch subbed
Hollywood releases always get both options in theaters

Only our own.

But, If I'm not mistaken, only in 90's or the beginning of 00's russian dubs were used. But I can be wrong.

Yeah, something like that, but I think it's more common to see original without subs than with

Both
I prefer subs ofc, but for kids dubs are more convenient

>but you can always find subbed or original if you want to feel special
? original voices are better 99% of the time

I haven't been in the cinema for 10 years but I have never seen a non dubbed film in a cinema. I feel like it would be very weird to have subtitles in cinemas

>2022
>movie theater

Movies here have showings with Arabic subtitles or Hindi subtitles. Watching movies in the theater here is dumb though because shit will be cut.

Dubbed. Famous Stars have permanent dubbing actors
youtu.be/0uXHHBwxSFE

Attached: F8906DCF-302C-4DFE-AB00-DA25EAF6887B.jpg (560x330, 33.7K)

i'm pretty sure there's an option for both

Movies subbed
Cartoons dubbed

Subbed. We dub lots of cartoons (not all). Surprisingly, these dubs are mostly really good.

I also watch (downloaded) engrish movies with eng subs. I have a feeling that every movie made in the last 20-something years has
>loud music
>way too loud explosions
>too quiet voices
which is why I need subtitles.

Depends on the movie. Our dubbing quality is pretty good. But I agree there are many movies where you'd prefer the original

How can people watch movies with dubbing?
Do you not care that the voice is not synced with lip movements and you're listening to some other person instead of the actor who's playing the role?

If dubbing is done right you don't notice that it's not synced perfectly, at least for German, maybe that's also a matter of language compatibility. And you get used to the new voices of the actors, ideally there is consistency to that, so that you also get to know and like dubbing voice actors.