What do mexicans think of spain?

What do mexicans think of spain?

Attached: Mexico-map-boundaries-cities-locator.gif (1600x1117, 608.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inmigración_española_en_México
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaniards_in_Mexico
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Love/hate/indifference relationship

I like the architecture and regions, we don't think about Spaniards at all (except maybe one or two schizos) but thats a 4chin thing

why don't mexicans all go around telling people they're spanish like yanks go around telling people they're irish?

>why don't mexicans all go around telling people they're spanish like yanks go around telling people they're irish?

Mexican identity is generally strong so I guess that not many mexicans can or would deny their mexican background

Americans have this (X-nationality American) usually product of american society tending to segregate groups of people

Because Mexico is a country with real culture and identity.

Attached: santuario de los remedios.jpg (1920x1080, 275.85K)

because gringos think Spain is a part of Mexico.

its a country at europe.

because no one would believe that mexican andy is spanish

Their president seems like a little bit obsessed with us

If they have recent Spanish ancestry they do, but that's a small minority of Mexicans. Most Mexicans only have old-stock Spanish ancestry,.

fucking imbecile. we imported millions of spaniards in the XX century

And most mexicans are brown as shit. The whitexicans are rare.

Proofs?

i dont know bro, where could we find proofs about millions of spanish men moving to mexico in the XX century? that info must be extremely rare and hard to find

If anything, the comparison should be with americans saying that they are british, which they dont for mainly the same reason as the mexicans dont say that they are spanish, because they had to fight for their independence against these countries.

1. We have more important things to do (surviving for example)
2. Technically we are all mutts so we are not snowflakes
3. We don't feel any deep and empathic connection to Spain other than a historical one, It's a weird feeling and hard to explain but imagine how present-day germans feel about the nazis. While a significant part of our culture is the result of spanish influence, this was the result of a bastard and his forced father, we are orphans because spain came here to apply their own vision and adapt it to what was left of the native cultures rather than create or unite, the catholic religion worked as a cohesive and conciliatory force but it wasn't enough to make of Spain and its colonies, or at least Mexico, a true brotherly commonwealth.
4. I feel like most mexicans don't keep track of their family's ancestors and these ancestors neither did so it's something that we don't pay much attention to.

Because nobody would confuse a brown indio with a Spaniard.

There were about 25,000 Spaniards who came to Mexico during the Civil War, and not all of them stayed

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inmigración_española_en_México

I'm not seeing anything about millions

>In the period 1850–1950, 3.5 million Spanish left for the Americas, with Mexico becoming one of the chief destinations, especially its northern region where president Porfirio Diaz encouraged European immigration in order to supply labor.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaniards_in_Mexico

Because we're not.

This! So much this!