Is this word really used in the real life?

Attached: image_downloader_1644992466639.jpg (293x172, 8.5K)

Only by jeets and ESLs

Uncommon but yes. It's more common in the south and it's a standard legal term. Any sort of English Terms of Service, contract, traffic ticket etc whatever will almost always have the word "shall" on it.

it is never ever used in my country. it's an archaic word here. But it's still normal in england isnt it. for some things.

It's kind of archaic, you'll mostly find it in older documents, poems, and books. I grew up in the southern US and the older generation there will still use it occasionally, but it's failing out of favor.

In RPG maybe.
Very well.

it works better when followed by the word "not"

Pretty much this, cool word, wish we used it more. In fact.... maybe we shall....

shan't

If you're intentionally going out of your way to sound extremely old-timey (i.e. several hundreds years), sure. Otherwise, not a chance. At least it's still obvious what it means if nothing else. So many people are out of touch with the history of this language, they assume "Old English" means Shakespeare and the Bible, instead of "Hwæt. We Gardena in geardagum, þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon."

Ebonic is the new trend.

The only instance that comes to mind in which I’d use that word is casually asking “shall we get going?” when a visit with friends or family has drawn on to the point of boredom and I’m subtly letting my fiance know it’s time to call it a night. Very specific but it’s all I could come up with. So basically no, we don’t “shall”

Attached: 8E0B5D50-A00A-4994-9ABF-49244578B82E.jpg (1720x848, 250.46K)

It can be replaced by 'will', everyone uses that instead. Still correct English though.

Real chads use shan't for the negative.

>my country.
shartmuttistan?

Shantay shaquilla shania

Based Tico

yes but actual definition/usage varies quite a lot as people have invented distinctions in what was originally just variation in saying the same thing. normal people will use it as a marked replacement for 'will', either to add weight or to indicate mockery or sarcasm or to sound archaic. it's not at all unfamiliar.

"will" feels more voluntary than "shall"

Yes, I here it all the time.
t. Texas

Shall we use more often here?

>shall not be infringed

that's not how you use it...