What is the source which verifies that the Japanese language is the most difficult one?

I am trying to verify, whether the Japanese language is classified into Category V* instead of Category V.

According to the attached image of this thread and these pages below, the Japanese language is classified into Category V* and Category IV* assessing the Japanese language as the most difficult language.

4chanint.fandom.com/wiki/The_Official_Any Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki#The_Very_Basics
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Language_Learning_Difficulty_for_English_Speakers

But I can not find anywhere on this page below to verify that Japanese is more difficult than all the other languages in the same category despite the page being cited as the source for the above 2 pages,

state.gov/foreign-language-training/

What is the source which verifies that the Japanese language is classified into Category V* instead of Category V or verifies that the Japanese language is the most difficult one?

Attached: OFbTauc.png (2000x2200, 841.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ILR_scale
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it has the source right in the picture retard

I know that there is a source in the image, which leads to the link below.

But I can not see anywhere on the page that the Japanese language is the most difficult. There is not the character '*' next to the Japanese language to indicate that it is slightly more difficult. There is nothing on the page to suggest that the Japanese language is more difficult than others in the same category.

seems fishy to me too.
Japanese has consistent phonetics. Chinese on the other hand... should be ranked higher.

>all indian languages in the same category
Clearly whoever made this list is retarded

Well it makes sense
>Mildly retarded grammar
>Pitch accent that everybody ignores (iirc new yomichan added support for it btw)
>Kanji

What's the average Brazilian meal like?

Attached: sopa.png (1200x675, 97.68K)

why is French harder than Portuguese for English speakers?

Attached: Origins_of_English_Words.svg.png (1280x780, 80.42K)

pitch accent is just rhythm

>24 weeks, 600 hours

24 weeks is 4032 hours THOUGH

French has a lot of silent letters and impossible pronunciation for our tongues and irregular verbs

>FSI students have 25 hours of class per week

french writing is still for an archaic french that doesn't exist anymore

modern french is becoming highly synthetic and its script and grammar does not reflect that

I never got these. What even is considered proficient? In the same time needed to go from zero japanese knowledge to N1, you probably couldn't even reach a decent level of proficiency at speaking or understanding a language like Vietnamese/Cantonese. Yet both are typically ranked easier. I know people who are fluent in Japan after 4 years but struggle with understanding Vietnamese after living in Vietnam for 10.

I can answer your questions, Anonymous of Canada. I notice that you are familiar with the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test.

This source specifies that proficiency is measured in Interagency Language Roundtable scale.

>The following language learning timelines reflect 70 years of experience in teaching languages to U.S. diplomats, and illustrate the time usually required for a student to reach “Professional Working Proficiency” in the language, or a score of “Speaking-3/Reading-3” on the Interagency Language Roundtable scale. These timelines are based on what FSI has observed as the average length of time for a student to achieve proficiency, though the actual time can vary based on a number of factors, including the language learner’s natural ability, prior linguistic experience, and time spent in the classroom.

Here is the description of each level of the scale.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ILR_scale

The Japanese-Language Proficiency Test does not correspond well with the ILR scale nor the CEFR because the test does not asses speaking nor writing but listening and reading instead.

interesting

Attached: rco.jpg (320x320, 12.49K)

Is it hard to find a decent Chinese teacher in your cunt?
Mine at one lesson taught us 妹 mèi "younger sister" having two dots (possibly confusing it with unrelated 来 "to come"). When I asked her about the discrepancy in the dictionaries, she replied something along the line "uh, you see, there are different dialects (as if it has any bearing on the non-existing character), so if this version without dots is more common, let's use this one te-he)". I strongly suspected she fed us this inane bullshit to save her face.

Or last time she was teaching us the sound zh (as in 这), and told us to pronounce it as English j instead of retroflex unaspirated ch.

Attached: IMG_20220216_080703.jpg (863x1021, 247.93K)

French pronunciation has a lot of rules and exceptions, unlike most other European languages where everything sounds the same way it's written.

this idea is encouraged by the japanese state because of its xenophobic attitude towards cultural exchange with foreigners

日本語が話せる方はいらっしゃっていませんか