Why do americans not have friends?

>Per the shocking study, nearly half of all Americans — 49% — reported having fewer than three close friends. This marks a nearly twofold increase from 1990, when less than one-third (27%) of Americans had three or fewer close friends.
>During that year, 33% reported having 10 or more close friends, compared to just 13% today.
>If that wasn’t bad enough, a mind-boggling 12% of interviewees claimed to have zero friends today, four times as many as 30 years ago, per the survey.

Attached: friends.png (762x740, 266.01K)

my gf has only one friend who she met once every few months. i don't know how people can live like that.

i have at least 5 very close friends who have been there for more than 10 years. and make my life much much better

Same. I have a very close group of friends who I've been in contact with since high school
People without any friends weird me out

I don't know. I have a lot of people I talk to, but none I would consider my friends. I work with a lot of people everyday and get along with them well, and I'm quite popular and funny, but outside of that it's very much me and only me.

It's only really bad when I meet women and they have a massive social circle, and I have to try and deflect away from the fact I spend my free time alone at the range, alone in nature, alone making art, alone exercising, alone traveling, alone eating, etc.

Attached: 1601514108696.jpg (828x1131, 89.84K)

I'm also friendless. I just do everything with my girlfriend.

Idunno, people are really closed off.

I'm a friendless KHV. I've not had friends or anyone close to me for around a decade. It's stopped bothering me. I'm paranoid now since everyone backstabbed me at some point. I think I'll die alone.

Attached: 1622460966705.jpg (800x609, 260.25K)

I have 0 (zero) friends and haven't had one for well over a decade

It feels like a lot of American men are unintentionally going Taxi Driver and don't realize it until it's too late

personally, i refuse to be friends with anyone who is a native english speaker. we can be respectful with each other at work but that's it. no talking, no handshakes, no after work drinks.

a new zealander was telling me how the UK/NZ/AUS has a very strong mate culture. do you feel like you're a pariah because you don't have any close male friends?

Any Forums are my only friends

Attached: 5E1FB86B-BEBF-492C-B569-56B37476AAF3.jpg (612x670, 41.33K)

not necessarily, because "going Taxi Driver" implies that they will eventually do something to contribute to society in the end.

True, true. Even if they don't do anything, it surely can't bode well for societal stability.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2021-04-22-at-9.14.09-AM.png (1434x1034, 216.14K)

Not really, do feel a bit weird when people start talking about doing stuff on friday night/weekends and I give them the ol' "haha y-yeah got big plans"
Reality is that it's becoming more common THOUGH

Attached: 1616087881199.png (659x589, 134.77K)

>quickly shut down everything and hide everyone's faces
>social problems occur en mass in every possible area
Who could've seen this coming?

Social media obsession and coping incel culture
>friends are for NPCs kek kek

Attached: 1639557613681.jpg (680x619, 81.43K)

American society was on this trajectory before COVID though. Men were becoming isolated more and more, and COVID just threw some normies temporarily into the same rut.

the point I mean to make is that: even when COVID resolves, a much deeper problem that predated COVID will still be there

>Issue affecting people of all ages that's constantly got worse every
>it's le heckin incels

honestly I imagine it's a lot worse to be a guy like you in the UK. here in the US, I can drive out to huge extremely rural areas with my guns and mentally LARP as some kind of loner frontiersman to cope. but where can a lonely british man escape to?

I don't have any close irl friends. Shut off after high school. A few close friends on the internet but that doesn't compare.

>12% of interviewees claimed to have zero friends today
Only stat that matters, having fewer or even just 1 close friend is enough and people claiming to have 10+ close friends probably are only actually close to a handful of those anyways. But the fact that completely friendless people are increasing shows that American society is irreparably sick.

how does a med fail to have friends?

So it's not just me!

Attached: happy juice cat.png (432x432, 200.46K)

I'm still going strong with my mates from elementary at 25, but I haven't made any more true friends beyond them. Chaining myself to the computer so I could Discord every night with throughout college probably didn't help.

this. having one close, real friend changes life completely. doesn't matter if you have 1 or 100 friends, as long as you have 1 and not 0.

All my friends are on the internet. They have unironically been there daily for 8+ years which is more than I can say for my real life "friends"

Meeting my closest one next year. Really excited. We would have had a big meetup by now but we are very spread apart

Attached: lp0kkcahkg421.jpg (600x823, 457.76K)

>socially awkward kid all the way up until 2 years ago
>made some friends in my last year of hs, nothing too close but at least i was talking to people again
>go to uni with my social anxiety mostly beaten, actually fit in for the first time ever
>now have 3 people i'd consider close friends
feels good bros.

Attached: shutterstock_editorial_315393n.jpg (1830x2586, 481.77K)

I honestly can’t comprehend actually being close to anyone. Friendly and courteous, sure, but nothing beyond that. Its always felt like I just drift from place to place like some apparition everyone likes for the most part. Even told a FWB I made to piss off after two weeks because I got bored. I’m not really complaining though, I was never the sentimental or social butterfly type.

Attached: 74A6BE64-E95F-420E-A6CF-BCD0CE22B9E5.jpg (1280x720, 67.41K)