Germans are capable of producing the most beautiful single piece of archtecture the world has ever known: the Catholic...

Germans are capable of producing the most beautiful single piece of archtecture the world has ever known: the Catholic Gothic Cathedrals.
But they fail at making their cities as beautiful as the Italian ones.
The Italic man has produced the most incredibly beautiful cities known to mankind. Tourists apart, no city in the world is as beautiful as Rome, Venezia or Florence.

I wonder why is that.

Attached: pepe1.png (680x661, 261.59K)

No, gothic cathedrals are nice but not the most beautiful piece of architecture. In fact the line between ugly and ok is very fine. They are quite imposing tho

Italy is where God kissed the Earth

Attached: tuscany-red-hills.jpg (2500x1406, 600.15K)

>But they fail at making their cities as beautiful as the Italian ones.
They might still be beautiful if it weren't for sone beady eyed island dwellers.

Even if we hadn't been bombed to shit, our cities wouldn't be as beautiful as Italy's. There is something extremely soulful about mediterranean cities

Places like Florence, Rome, and Venice sure. Places like Naples unironically look like India or Mexico.

Only due to a corrupt and inefficient administration, lots of beautiful places in the south, just look at Palermo

Why is that?
I'm inclined to believe its because of the industrial revolution.
Highely industrialized countries lack beauty I'm afraid, that's why America isn't beautiful and a lot of Brittish cities looks like straight from Mordor.
Perhaps Germany industrualized so much it gained technology, money and political power, at the expense of its old medieval comfy cities that it sure must have existed?

I think it's because mediterranean countries have a traditional incliniation to the arts and culture and weren't just economy-oriented, a mindset like that translates to beautiful cities

>lots of beautiful places in the south
Eh, I've seen plenty of videos of Naples and even beneath the dirt and garbage it looks garish and tacky. Lots of terroni cities look pretty similar.

That was the French though.
Gothic cathedrals are overrated, anyway. They are too ostentatious and fail to capture the true Christian spirit, unlike Romanesque cathedrals.

Can you please stop objecting to me I don't like it

Okay

You're a good man little burgerbro

kek
based autistic Hans

[Gothic architecture] originated in the Île-de-France and Picardy regions of northern France. The style at the time was sometimes known as opus Francigenum (lit. French work);[2] the term Gothic was first applied contemptuously during the later Renaissance, by those ambitious to revive the architecture of classical antiquity.

Attached: 1619163004735.png (780x670, 51.11K)

>They are too ostentatious and fail to capture the true Christian spirit
This is how I feel about Renaissance and especially Baroque.
Romanesque is peak soul and for me Gothic is a nice middle ground between both extremes.

too many words i can't

Attached: 1618652609297.jpg (1024x768, 131.28K)

Ah so you're not le epic goth gaul barbarians now?

Indeed we have too much self-love to larp, unlike Italians

Attached: ba3185f0-3aa5-11e4-bd08-00144feabdc0.jpg (2048x1152, 366.34K)

Beyond a handful of buildings, Rome, Venice and Florence are all ugly though. Italy's smaller cities are very nice. Somewhere like Siena is perfect.

Attached: Wells 1.jpg (1280x853, 426.31K)