Vgh... the toilets of ROMA... we must retvrn

vgh... the toilets of ROMA... we must retvrn...

Attached: roman toilet.jpg (1296x968, 331.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smithsonianmag.com/history/how-the-ancient-romans-went-to-the-bathroom-180979056/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Finland is the rightful descendant of the roman empire (please let me in)

german feeding trough

>In the future every man will have a toilet in his own home! Like the Caesar!
>That's just the talk of crazies.
>No, I'm telling you! Personal toilets!
>Sounds fucking feminine.

why are you not allowed in
you have yuro passport

Ok i admit it .
I laughed.

Attached: 1639306906728.jpg (693x720, 34.05K)

God I hate shitting and pissing in public toilets, I even feel uncomfortable when family and gf can hear me piss, I would probably die of clogged bowels in Ancient Rome.

Attached: 1592261537514.jpg (456x628, 74.64K)

same

if people talked in these public toilets, did they talk while actually shitting? would they look you in yhe eyes and talk to you while shit was leaving their bowels?

Wiping your ass with a sponge encrusted with another guy's shit is the hallmark of any TRV civilized people.

I always wondered this...
Was it written how they used the bathrooms?
Do they just assume everyone was pissing and shitting together without privacy?
They could have just had curtains or wooden/paper screens for privacy that wouldn't have left remains.

but if such dividers were used we would have probably learned about it from writing no? i assume that's how we know what we know about roman toilets.

Oh hey didn't romans share designated arse wiping sponges on sticks

Attached: 1643091606840.gif (615x413, 1.96M)

>shit with friend
>ask him for ass sponge
>he shoves it in his ass and tells you to pull it out
what do

>smithsonianmag.com/history/how-the-ancient-romans-went-to-the-bathroom-180979056/
apparently it is pretty well known
they didn't wear pants so they could use the latrines under their togas without everyone having their dicks out

in another timeline they invented assflaps to deal with this problem
vvvvvvgggghhhhh

>they didn't wear pants

yeah pants were seen as gay, celts wore pants and the riomans were like look at these homos with mustaches and pants

i saw remains of roman toilets here

>you will never share an ass sponge with the lads
Why live?

What if someone took a piss in the waterway

imagine the smell

What is stopping you?

Communally shitting in a clean environment is both sovl, and civilization in one.
This is why the Romans were top of their time

Reminds me of my time in Japan, and going to onsen with the boys.

> I even feel uncomfortable when gf can hear me piss

wtf r u me ?

>clean environment
from the article I posted above:
>Though they look advanced for an ancient civilization, Roman public toilets were far from glamorous. The white marble seats gleaming in the sun may look clean now, but that was hardly the case when these facilities were operational. They had low roofs and tiny windows that let in little light. People sometimes missed the holes, so the floors and seats were often soiled. The air stunk. “Think about it—how often does someone come and wipe off that marble?” Koloski-Ostrow asks. In fact, she thinks the facilities were so unwelcoming that the empire’s elite only used them under great duress.
>Why would refined noblemen want to sit next to common people who had lice, open wounds, skin sores, diarrhea and other health problems? That wasn’t the worst of it. The sewers underneath the public toilets were a welcoming home for vermin. “Rats, snakes and spiders would come up from down below,” Koloski-Ostrow explains. Plus, the decomposing sewage may have produced methane, which could ignite, quite literally lighting a fire under someone.