Every arab zoomer on social media refers to themselves as "west asian" now...

every arab zoomer on social media refers to themselves as "west asian" now. they get mad when they don't receive representation in tiktok/insta/twitter videos about asia. west asian is such an awkward identity to have, it's like implying a syrian is cousins to a korean.
could this be due to anime/korean wave?

Attached: Fame Dubai Home - FameDubai Magazine _ Your daily dose of Lifestyle, Shopping & Trends in UAE.jpg (500x500, 40.27K)

>west asia
Isn't that Anatolia which is Turkey? Also called minor asia

anyway, be Japan!!

Attached: d9823-1-447805-0.jpg (650x368, 69.22K)

>west asian is such an awkward identity to have, it's like implying a syrian is cousins to a korean.
sharpest minded american

Attached: 1602883524813.png (463x684, 182.94K)

but it's literally true. I've literally never heard an arab identify as "west asian" and put west asian in their social media bios until this year, and I have to wonder if it's due to east asias influence on tv/media, particularly japan and south korea.

it's an alternative to middle easterner because "MIDDLE east" is european centric (middle between europe and far east)

he is right. kill yourself

most intellectual mexican

>"MIDDLE east" is european centric
and asia isn't? it was greeks who coined the term asia to other themselves from turks.

>west asian
Interestingly they're going with the anglo naming. We've always called them asians

aksually they're kind of correct. "Asia" is a European term and the Greeks called anything east of them Asia long before chinks and nips were discovered.

They look more European than Asian or Black

which is what I find so funny, a blonde hair blue eyed syrian calling herself a west asian as if to imply she's kin to a chinese person and not a greek.
chronically online and using dry memes

no because "asia" doesnt imply europe is the point of reference

>calling herself a west asian as if to imply she's kin to a chinese person and not a greek.
why are you even making this assumption? Asia is a continent not a race. Pakistanis are asians and look nothing like chinese people

I prefer calling all asians oriental people

>Asia is a continent not a race.
but they're literally calling themselves racially asian, that is why I find it annoying and strange. People from countries that once wanted nothing to do with Desis or East Asians are now begging to be included in the family portrait, it's fucking weird. And I KNOW it's likely due to them being weebs and koreaboos.

everyone knows asian means mongoloid. off yourself, monkey

lol. asia is literally a european name. great decolonization you got going on, charbel

>complaining about europe being point of reference in a european language
Tell me, what do you think when chinese call china 中国

Why are muslimas so obsessed with kpop?

the race is east asian, not asian.

what is your problem

China centric

ok then I really don't think you know what I'm trying to imply? There are zoomers ON TIKTOK saying they're racially "asian" as if that's a race, and they justify calling themselves asians because their countries are in west asia
calling themselves "west asian" and grouping themselves in with people their parents thought of as annoying chinks or dirty indians. why are you being such a debate lord?
west asian is a weird identity to have, and it's even worse when you try to force yourself into conversations clearly about actual eastern people.

i thought rich arabs are proud