The movie that united the Latinx people

The movie that united the Latinx people.

Attached: Encanto.jpg (2048x3034, 1.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bvWRMAU6V-c
phspawprint.org/1631/pop-culture/disneys-encanto-brings-representation-to-the-latinx-community-sparks-controversy-debate/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yaaaaaaaas

>browns and blacks good
i fucking hate new disney

Attached: s450.png (1380x1080, 979.59K)

Looks ugly

So culombianas look like shit irl

isn't it only about Colombia

RARE
A
R
E

It is about Latinx people. Latinx is a shared identity.

Dolores cute

how do you reach that conclusion from a drawing?

>nigger infested family

Attached: 1642517294239.png (800x808, 257.43K)

Someone give me a quick rundown about the controversy regarding latinx and this movie

>supposedly a movie about Colombia
>Colombians in general don't give a shit nor complain about the movie, they simply don't care about it
>Latinos from other latitudes who have nothing to do with the movie, mainly americans of latin descent and mexicans are mad about it and take offense by it

they're mad about what? colombians not giving a shit? or because it's not another movie about Mexico

It is a movie about the Latinx people.

I honestly don't know and at this point am too afraid to ask, kek

The whole fuss and controversy about this movie is inexplicable to me

look man, I haven't seen the movie (nor I will, I'm not a 8 year old little girl) but I can reassure you that there is nothng Chilean on that poster, therefore, the movie.
we are very different even from our neighbours.
we don't fit your stereotypes of the lazy but somehow gifted dancer who lives in a fruit-filled sunshine blissed land.

Even for colombian standrds, the poster looks pretty folkloric. No one ever dresses or lives like that

Do they sing like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=bvWRMAU6V-c

Do they have a magic candle that gives everyone magic powers and a magic house?

Great article that talks about how Encanto encapsulates the feelings of Latinx people:
phspawprint.org/1631/pop-culture/disneys-encanto-brings-representation-to-the-latinx-community-sparks-controversy-debate/

>Similar to many people in the LatinX and Hispanic culture, Bruno was very superstitious, and throughout the movie, he would avoid stepping on cracks and would knock on wood. This is a common practice in many LatinX families, believing in several superstitions
> Luisa became a largely talked-about character with her song “Surface Pressure” talking about how she was the strongest in the family and was always expected to handle every burden the family faced with ease. ...This quickly became a trending TikTok sound with lots of young women from the LatinX community expressing that they could relate to this. It is a very common feeling that in Hispanic households, girls– specifically older siblings– are given lots of responsibilities and high expectations from their parents and family.
>Content creators outside of the LatinX community said [Abuela's] trauma was no excuse for the harsh treatment Abuela gave her family, but people within the LatinX community said that although her past was not an excuse for the emotional abuse, it was understandable why Abuela was the way she was.

How do our resident latinx feel about this?

The Chilean people are Latinx and Encanto is a movie about Latinx people.

Let’s not talk about Bruno