"Austrians"

Why do "Austrians" larp that they aren't German even though they speak the same language and have a very similar culture?

Attached: 000_1KP8LU.jpg (1024x682, 284.73K)

they're med.

>t. Italian Nationalist living in NYC because his family knew their homeland was a shithole and immigrated in the early 20th century

why do canadians larp as they arent american even though they speak the same language and have the same culture?

Napoléon said so too

Austrians are Germanized Slavs

Austria exists to inspire you, if one family could create country out of nothing you can do anything

Don't Austrians speak German with dental consonants instead of alveolar?

Canadians stayed loyal to queen. Mutts are traitorous pigs

our brothers

most of us speak bavarian, westernmost area speaks alemanic, but yeah we have some different rules and pronounciation even in high german (used for official business)

>German/Slav/Balkan/Italian hybrid
At least the girls are hot

Before WW2 Austrians just saw themselves as Germans. Afterwards it became a way to morally distance themselves Nazism.

Yeah but, since its also their culture/language, they consider themselves different from Germany Germans, i dont have source but im pretty sure this was true even before, considering they were at war with HRE

even some habsburg possesion in southern germany (breisgau area) wished to remain part of austria instead od some german state,they sent a delegation to the congress of vienna after the napoleonic wars, while rejected they kept their local culture for a while, and their new governernments had to forbid them using austrian heraldry and such, although its still seen today in some parts, even the coat of arms of the german state of baden würtemberg has the austrian shield colours in it, and its flag is literally the flag of Habsburg, gold/yellow and black
pic rel

Attached: bawü.png (2560x1418, 814.13K)

What about Bavaria, i heard they are more similar to you than to Germany but idk if thats true

yes thats true, bavarians were overlords of austria for a while in the early middle ages during the frankish empire, thats when we adapted bavarian as language, previously we had some form of slavic. Also our "german" part of culture is shared with bavaria. We have nothing in common with north germans

>they consider themselves different from Germany Germans
Apparently Austrian fascists actually saw themselves as being better Germans than Germans from Germany. kek

yes, austrofascists (anti hitlerite) saw themself as better germans, because we are catholic, have connections to the ancient world with romans and such, while germans are primitive protestant prussian barbarians. This was backed up by Mussolini who called austrians a mediterean people

Wanna fight about it? Leave my austrian buddies alone.

Dolfuss's regime was a complete joke

Yeah, but nationalism was pretty new and i believe this was first time such high level was seen, to level of Pan Germanism taken beyond larp level.

There is lot of countries which are so similar as well, Slovakia-Czech Republic probably most similar countries in Europe, languages are dialect, culture same.
Croatia,Serbia and Montenegro have same language
Belgium with netherlands/france though that was artifically created so probably doesnt count.

All in all, we should have stayed as Austria-Hungary, now they have divided us and conquered, Germans win gg

switzerbro...

I must ask something offtopic, is Sissi popular in Austria? Has to be, since she is here

>because we are catholic
So are many parts of Germany. Stop playing this dumb card of "muh catholic vs protestants" when it hardly even matters today.
>have connections to the ancient world with romans and such
Retarded because not only is it literally ancient history, but several parts of Germany were also part of Rome. Hell, the Rheinland was more developed than Austria was at that time.

he was murdered by hitlerites a couple months after taking power. He was based although it shouldnt have come that far in the first place, AH had a bright future ahead of itself.

imagine if all of us reunited, in a federation or something, we´d he a power as strong as germany or france in Europe

>I'm American
>there's a pretty good chance my ancestors came from there
>sure, that democratically elected president needed to be shot in the head and couped
>getting rid of the Petro-dollar? Oh, we will show you. Couple hundred thousand victims non-withstanding
What would we ever do without you gracious people. Yes yes, cutting my little boy's balls off seems to be a great idea.
Out.