What does your country believe the US Civil War was fought over? Is it taught in your curriculum...

What does your country believe the US Civil War was fought over? Is it taught in your curriculum, especially for world history?
youtu.be/AAFEWL0-1sc

Attached: 1643871317782.png (720x700, 263.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IzmzLH_EVZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the south fought it because they were afraid of losing power to the industrializing north, and theit power was solidified through their slaves

le ebil slavers

youtu.be/IzmzLH_EVZI
good, slavery was the main issue - but initially the fight was explicitly started by a southern band of states who had gradually had Slave Power slip from their hands as the north opened up its great ports to everyone from Irish refugees fleeing famine to political refugees fleeing the failure of revolutions during the Springtime of Nations. the 3/5 compromise was quickly losing its luster as even demeaningly calling slaves 3/5 of a person didn't stop the south from losing power.
also many of those newly arrived europeans had deep disgust with slavery, ESPECIALLY the 1848 refugees - many of whom became abolitionists
the planter aristocracy were the driving

>the driving
the driving force

In French, it's called the Secession War because it wasn't a civil war but a war for independence that failed. The South had no desire to rule the Union and just wanted to separate therefore it cannot fit the definition of civil war which is when two organizations fight for the same state. Besides that, we don't learn about it except it's related/about/fought on slavery.

It was about southern agricultural elites clashing with northern industrial elites, simple as. Centering slavery serves a narrative.

industrial north was being harmed by slavery because it alienates a potential market (wagies and consumers)

agricultural south needed slavery for their economic system to work

Unironically just a note in our history book

The Confederate States of America was an illegtitimate and illegal treasonous organization, it was two groups of American citizens fighting - one was the US army, and the other were rebelling traitors. Therefore it was a civil war, there was no legitimate separate state ever established to secede away from the United States.
Many industrial elites were in fact minted brand new by war profits during the Civil War. Preserving slavery was not just a "narrative" for the traitors, it was written into their very "constitutions" they wrote to spark the rebellion.
The industrial north had been benefiting from the cheap cotton that slavery provided, what? It was the political elements of abolitionism that pushed for it

I don't think we were ever taught about it

The same can be said of British rebels in 1776. There was no legal or legitimate way for them to proclaim independence therefore they were treasonous.

America won, so therefore we were always a legitimate state. The self-styled "CSA" never was, therefore it was a civil war.

We have a way too long, eventful and complex history to bother ourselves with nations 1/20th the age of ours, @me when you invent western civilisation from scratch

Attached: 223.jpg (1071x1280, 75.85K)

By that logic the USA never was a legitimate state during the civil war too

It wasn't just the elites who owned slaves, the south had a very large slave owning middle class. of people who would own a few slaves.
Some states as high as 40% of families owned slaves, and for people supportive of the confederacy it would be higher.

I was not taught about the US civil war in school, and I had history as a focus subject. For us, it was all nazis this and nazis that and then a small bit of Rome(based), French revolution(lame) and spanish colonialism(mostly lame).

cope, our history is longer than all of yours.
>germany (BRD)
>norway
>greece (hellenic republic)

literally pitiful LMAO, none of you people have history before the 20th century
It was already a legitimate state by that point, your freedom fighters literally fled here after they got shat on in the failed German Revolution in 1848 and became our abolitionists

>do sharters really think history of a nation is tied to the state existing

my state is older than yours, are you really about to argue that the south was a separate people lmao
this is southern propaganda tier, those guys larped as english monarchists and knights and shieeet they were so deluded into thinking they were a separate people

Taxes and shit

My people are older than yours, mutt.

that's pretty decent bait, I'll give you that