A technique for analyzing and dealing with worry:

A technique for analyzing and dealing with worry:
Identify the worry, get all the facts, identify and accept the consequence(s) of that worry (the possible reality of things turning out badly. For example, if you fucked up at work, the possible consequence is that you might lose your job), and write out: What is the problem? What are the causes of the problem? If things turn out badly, what is the REAL consequence? What are the possible solutions? What is the best solution?
You have to help your situation by reacting to it.
For some: You must learn to differentiate real worries from silly worries. Some worries people have are fantastical (namely, the fear of other people or an obsessive preoccupation with one's appearance).
>
In my experience, this works for specific social phobias (e.g., fear of public speaking), generalized anxiety.
This is because the technique helps tear down unrealistic beliefs or inaccurate expectations -- both of which play a role in your mind's reaction to fear in social phobia.
It also helps with solving everyday problems.
>
Usually, the fear of a social situation is due to a misperception of threat. There are two primary forms of misperception: distortions of probability and distortions of severity. Distortions of probability are exaggerations of the likelihood of something bad happening, and distortions of severity are exaggerations of how severe the consequences will be if something bad happens.
>
The goal of this technique is to replace maladaptive thoughts (these are automatic thoughts, which all individuals have, including distortions that occur because of a phobia) with reasoned coping statements.
Maladaptive thoughts are very believable, but they are usually unrealistic and inaccurate.
The coping statements are the output from the technique, and they are self-generated and based on personal reasoning. For that reason, the statements are more believable and effective in countering maladaptive thoughts.
It helps stop the worry cycle.

Attached: 917.png (769x612, 164.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Dying-Embarrassment-Social-Anxiety-Phobia/dp/1879237237
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does this seem helpful in your country?

Attached: 917.png (769x612, 164.29K)

I guess so. I don't have much confidence in ever becoming significantly less anxious though.

>armerian
That's strike 1
>wall of text
Strike 2
>autism
Strike 3, you're out.

have to agree with the french user

>I don't have much confidence in ever becoming significantly less anxious though.
Why?
pic

Attached: my dna_autism.png (1572x1172, 270.96K)

>Why?
It hasn't decreased a bit after trying everything for over a decade.

but i can't accurately assess the probability of the thing i am worried about

>feel less lonely
>posting threads daily for attention
Yeah I'm thinking you need to shut the fuck up.

>after trying everything
What have you tried?
amazon.com/Dying-Embarrassment-Social-Anxiety-Phobia/dp/1879237237
>i can't accurately assess the probability of the thing
Yes.
Thank you for bumping my thread.

Attached: 917.png (769x612, 164.43K)

Exactly lol I remember at my old job 3 years ago I’d see his posts when I was at lunch. This dude needs to stop using this website

kill yourself already faggot. saged btw :-)

based

I find it always comes out going to sleep or when I wake up way too early, and the solution is action but I need to sleep and so I end up getting neither
also my anxieties are almost always justified, when I do push myself through it generally goes as badly as I expect. For public speaking I'm mechanically bad at speaking even when Im wholly at ease so it goes like shit. Not spaghetti dropping just very awkward that gets comments later by people I know

> A technique for analyzing and dealing with worry:
Literally and unironically stop giving a fuck. Stop wasting time on things that you don't care about.
It's normal to fuck up (that's how we humans learn, by doing something, because we are dumb and would rather make a mass than learning from other people mistakes).
It's normal to feel anxious in some situations, public speaking is something people train for years and pay a lot of money for.
Next stage: go out and touch grass, make sure to do at least one thing you weren't comfortable with before (speak to someone lol)
>tfw me, a beta incel giving advices that I wan't follow myself

>It's normal to fuck up
Yes.
What do you think about the OP text?
Does it seem at all helpful?

Attached: 917.png (769x612, 164.28K)

it is helpful
i just wish i could estimate risk

You are that half-Armenian schizo, right?

Don't reply to it, it feeds off attention. If we started ignoring it, it will eventually fuck off.

>it is helpful
What about it is helpful?
That is not the topic of the thread.

Attached: 917.png (769x612, 164.42K)

No, I want to verify, because if I can accurately guess which schizo it is by the frogs, I can report for avatarfagging.