UNPOPULAR OPINIONS

I think Filipinos should stop calling their country "The Philippines", a name bestowed upon their country by their Spanish rulers named after their monarch. They should stop calling themselves Filipinos as well. They should call their country what they've historically called themselves and refer to themselves by a name they've used in the past. Also stop naming themselves with Spanish names.

Post some controversial or unpopular Any Forumsernational opinions.

Attached: Flag-Philippines.jpg (800x400, 18.27K)

What the fuck else would they call themselves? Being catholic and Latino is such a strong part of their identity it'd be hard to rid them of it.

great idea, leave canada now

there should be no country like poland
we should make lithuania bigger instead

Maharlika

This
I was never able to find a pre-Spanish term that referred to the whole of the islands, just for the big ones.

nice triple doubles, checked myself

>I was never able to find a pre-Spanish term that referred to the whole of the islands
There wasn't one, they had no unity before Spain.

marcosland

Land of no suffering

Very based. They should be absorbed by brunei.

I like Duterteland.

Duterte said Maharlika was a good new country name

The world loves Russia.

Attached: __eula_genshin_impact_drawn_by_moyude_wangzi_jiang__sample-3829cdc5b08989f7cfc46cb278cd005f.jpg (850x1144, 131.23K)

sex

Dis. stop larping as natives

Austronesia

cope
They are still genetically south-east asian but culturally latino

Attached: pinoy_conquistador.png (504x609, 66.31K)

Many countries have cucked names.
>half of Africa
>Papua "New Guinea" is literally named because Portuguese thought they looked like Africans

Speaking of cucked names. Don't we call you Japan instead of Nippon because that's just what the Portuguese decided to call you?

yes we call ourselves nippon or nihon

they are proud cucks
let them be

>I think Filipinos should stop calling their country "The Philippines", a name bestowed upon their country by their Spanish rulers named after their monarch.

Yeah nah. During the Spanish colonial period "Filipino" used to be the name Spanish Creoles born in the Philippines called themselves by, while the natives & Chinese migrants were called Indios & Chinos respectively. Or mestizos if they were mixed breed. And Non-Spaniards did not enjoy the same rights & protections before the law as Peninsulars and Creoles did.

When Nationalist thought emerged in the Philippines in the 1800s, the reformists and later on the Independentists seized the name of the Philippines/Filipino and began redefining it as "Anyone who is born & lives in the Philippines." We saw it as a revolutionary act because 1) we're saying to our Spanish colonizers that all races should be equal and 2) that we have a unique identity that is different from Spain's.

Ironically by calling ourselves Filipino we made our colonizers seethe.

Attached: Gobernadorcillo de Naturales 2.jpg (736x1017, 140.26K)

No.
The English name Japan comes from that.
Nippon is the Japanese name for Japan

It should be split up into ethnic-based states that are vassals to a complete Indonesia (no islands partitioned among other countries) which will be called New Majapahit.

I think it is what the dutch called japan based on indonesian name for japan which was based on how some chinese language/dialect called japan
Something like nippon, ripon, jipon, japon. Nippon is already a japanified version of a chinese name anyway.

based

Attached: 0_kPaRFfR7YwSmZYTz.jpg (1049x1564, 402.88K)

Shut the fuck up I know you're flip diaspora.
your opinion is worth shit until you get back here

Attached: images (23).jpg (388x368, 11.89K)