Circassian beauty

>Circassian beauty is a stereotype and a belief referring to the women of the Circassian people.

>A fairly extensive literary history suggests that Circassian women were thought to be unusually beautiful and attractive, spirited, smart and elegant, and as such were desirable

>There are folks songs in various languages all around the Middle East and Balkans describing the unusual beauty of Circassian women, the reputation of Circassian women dates back to the Late Middle Ages when the Circassian coast was frequented by traders from Genoa, and the founder of the Medici dynasty, Cosimo de' Medici, had an illegitimate son from a Circassian slave.

>During the Ottoman Empire and Persian Safavid and Qajar dynasties, Circassian women living as slaves in the Sultan's Imperial Harem and Shah's harems started to build their reputation as extremely beautiful, which then became a common trope in Western Orientalism.

>In consequence, most wives and mothers of several Ottoman Sultans were ethnic Circassians

>There were also several classical Turkish music pieces and poems that praise the beauty of the Circassian ethnic group like "Lepiska Saçlı Çerkes"

> As a foreign group, they were always praised in Turkey for what they labeled as distinct and pure European features.

>It is also understood from the memoirs of Princess Emily Ruete, a half-Circassian and half-Omani herself, that Circassian women, who were captured in Constantinople and brought to Africa for the harem of Zanzibari Said bin Sultan, Sultan of Muscat and Oman, were envied by their rivals who considered Circassians to be of the "hateful race of blue-eyed cats".

Attached: Circassian Girl.jpg (1242x1545, 210.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigory_Zass
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ohh… Exotic Princess.

So most of naked slave market paintings were about them?

Attached: 4824731831_de4afee6e7_b[1].jpg (792x1024, 139.95K)

My heart!

no

Nice flag

Attached: 1594px-Flag_of_Adygea_(3-2).svg.png (1594x1062, 16.68K)

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEX IMMEDIATELY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Explain

they had many types of slaves, circassians were basically high class slaves
also because the paintings were made for western euros who had little idea what the caucuses were like

Attached: 71GJI96TjEL._AC_SY879_[1].jpg (494x879, 94.75K)

My family has heritage near a bunch circassian village. I don't see what is exotik about them. I couldn't differiate them from other turkish people in the smalltown. There's nothing special about them beside their dancing.

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 9.32K)

probably said by an ottoman sultan at one point tbqh

This guy genocided them en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigory_Zass

I know a circassian girl, she's cute but she's not smart as you said

some glownigger made it all up

the hot ones were snagged by turks/arabs and thus bred out of existence

I'd fuck the shit out of one

Why does Russia not commemorate their genocide :(

Ngl he looks kinda chad

they are completely right
but they are also batshit insane

>Why does Russia not commemorate their genocide :(
We do, see >In 2003, the Russian Federation controversially erected his statue on former Circassia territories where the Circassian genocide, in which he played a big part, occurred, infuriating Circassians and Circassian nationalist establishments worldwide.[19][20]

I wish I was an ottoman sultan :(

Based lmao

Attached: old.hickory.jpg (1200x1060, 180.51K)