Why are they so bad at English?

Why are they so bad at English?

Attached: 36839FA0-7888-4EC7-A7EA-0D1469B9D595.png (640x427, 3.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GT8uCHYrbx0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you seen their english "classes"? lmfao

why Japanese need good at English?
Japanese fluently can speak Japanese language.

Attached: whyjapanesefrontcover_jpeg.jpg (1700x2200, 267.73K)

Because all English teachers in Japan are scums lol

My gf says she never paid attention in English class because the teacher (America) was bad and had no idea how to engage the students. She learned all her English from Japanese vloggers married to white men (and one white female-asian male couple), instagram, and from me.

*Engrish

why should they bother learning it?

This book is fascinating from my quick browsing. Left brained vs Right brained? Very odd concept, I would figure Japs would be classified as Left brained but he makes the case they are Right brained.
I may just have to rent the book out of curiosity.
I do have a personal aspiration to do some indepth research on the effect your first language has on your inner voice and general thought function. I read online once that a East Asian girl had never thought with words until she lived in an English speaking country, not sure if that was true or not but quite fascinating.
Don't insult yourself JET-kun, we all know no Japs use this site.

prease no burry
we ale doing oul best!

They're literally taught English with Japanese pronunciation. They genuinely think consultant is pronounced "consorutento"

you are thoughtful English man, most of English speaker hate this theory,
i studied a lot of language and now i convinced there is a definitely linguistic determinism.
but this theory is treating like taboo among to Linguist.
but, this study is very important for human beings, because Language is the most important infrastructure for human society and need to chose best one.

>I read online once that a East Asian girl had never thought with words until she lived in an English speaking country,
that is very interesting to me too, if you there are something notification please share with us.

Attached: tumblr_527cc1738428149030f9253fb9a51950_36a5f726_500.gif (500x500, 1.9M)

As the Japanese guy with the clickbait videos titles says, they don't teach it very well
youtube.com/watch?v=GT8uCHYrbx0

left right brain is one of the most retarded popsci myths out there
if you wanted to make an actual point you'd at least talk about the two actual linguistic areas of the brain

still better than a "city" being called a "shitty", or a "baby sitter" being caled a "baby shitter"

Thanks.
If you would have asked me a few years ago I would have made the case that it is absolutely superior to think via words but now that I have branched out in my research I am beginning to think I am wrong for thinking that.
My newfound belief in that stems from more metaphysical things such as Plato's Anamnesis (especially in Phaedo) so I won't get into it more than that.

Are you familiar with Aphantasia? You may have heard of the semi-famous test where people are asked to imagine an apple, I would suggest looking into it if that kind of thing interests you in the slightest.
For instance, I am completely afflicted with Aphantasia, when I close my eyes and try to picture anything I see only darkness. My mother on the other-hand can imagine a ball of dust forming in her mind and sees it as vividly as if it was in front of her with her eyes open. Contrastingly she is very bad at things like spelling while I excel at them.
Perhaps this is an example of her being Right-Brained and myself being Left, although I personally believe it goes further than that.

Attached: 1643576285233.png (491x585, 51.26K)

Strong native culture

The real question is why are scandis so good at english

>The real question is why are scandis so good at english
their languages are basically just english with really weird pronunciation

maybe you need to define Japanese language is very independent language from others.
Japanese language is the most thought helping language, Japanese treating language sentence like vision, maybe that's because Japanese language has a three alphabets and these are make able to certain distinguish each words.

that's why Japanese people are most thoughtful people.

Attached: 6c2e941d2b5271b6d150979f28f10123.png (560x563, 236.63K)

Because they force us to learn it from first or second grade(can't remember). And we consume a lot of english media. I HATE ENGLISH! It's a plague! Young people are using english words in normal conversations and it has even infected the brains of boomers!
I hope the japanese will forever be bad at english for their own sake.

Lol that is so far from the truth. Try reading some norwegian and tell me how it went.

Their English education is a fucking joke. It's fundamentally broken. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't really study it, but the amount of hours that they spend in school on it is insane.
(Yes, I am Davido-sensei the English teacher.)
Basically
>Elementary school
"Repeat after me. I can walk. I can jump. I can swim."
"No we won't teach grammar, we'll just make them repeat after the teacher forever and bore them to death."
"We *need* speaking practice! I know, make them give "presentations" of the sentence that they memorized (that's exactly the same as every other student in the class)! They won't get bored."
>Middle school
(Actually pretty okay for the most part)
>Highschool
Absurdly autistic grammar focus, all while nobody is capable of speaking the language whatsoever (mostly the tests' fault, not the schools')
>All levels
Tests penalize them heavily for saying things that are wrong, so outputting simple sentences that they know are perfect scores better than trying to say something complex but making one simple mistake. So you'll only get 2 simple sentences as an answer to anything since they're terrified of using harder English and slipping up.

Funny you say that because I am actually studying it. I want to have the ability to experiment with the effect of multi-language thought and chose Japanese for the exact reason you are praising it.
Only have a basic understanding of Kana at this point but hopefully in a year+ I will have enough of a grasp to see if it can retroactively effect a person's inner thought.
Thanks for the conversation, hope you have a good day.