Why is there no European Hollywood?

Why is there no European Hollywood?

America has 3 now. Hollywood, Vancouver, and Atlanta.
India has Bollywood for ****sake.

Attached: Flag_of_Europe.svg.png (640x427, 13.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinecittà
hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/hollywood-production-in-vancouver-hits-new-high-amid-pandemic-4082560/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_industry_in_Georgia_(U.S._state)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Vancouver, and Atlanta.
lol

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinecittà

>Vancouver, and Atlanta.
kek

We had Babelsberg Studios and they produced many movies we now deem legendary, but then some weird dudes who liked South Asian symbols took power, and then sort of weird global conflict happened.

turkish/korean/american movies/shows dominate euro tv.

>Vancouver, and Atlanta
LMFAO

>Hollywood

Attached: 1634556089486.png (500x447, 94.92K)

I dont get whats funny?

hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/hollywood-production-in-vancouver-hits-new-high-amid-pandemic-4082560/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_industry_in_Georgia_(U.S._state)

Because Europeans can make good movies with scarce resources. They don't need a specific city with monster mega-studies.

The entertainment industry has always been as cancer here. It's a necessary evil that only the most vile and strange people work with. It's not something to be glorified like in the US.

I don't understand why Euros only "art films" instead of mainstream entertainment.

Not everything needs to be globalized and produced for a mass audience. I don't give a fuck if nobody outside of Australia watches Australian films

Because Europe consists of different countries with different entertainment industries with different needs? .

There's plenty of "mainstream entertainment" coming from Europe. It's just that there's no wide distribution networks like Hollywood corporations behind them and the language barrier is huge that you haven't heard of them.

Attached: pahat_pojat.jpg (500x500, 63.11K)

Why should there be? European countries produce more good films on a yearly basis than the steaming piles of shit Hollywood pumps out.

>Cannes
>Venice
>Berlin

Hollywod/Bollywod are fast food movies

I only like anime. No one gives a shit about "muh art" garbage from France except for cinotographyphiles who use the word "kino" unironically.

>Hollywood location shooting

Attached: pepe1.jpg (2544x4000, 865.36K)

I loved watching Stargåte as a kid. The unbelievable biomes of our vast and rich galaxy: a sand pit....and a Canadian forest. But hey, it was cheap, ditto for X-files.

There are many large movie production clusters in Europe, but they're probably not that well known across the Atlantic.
Hollywood constantly pouches movie industries around the continent to make shoddy remakes of the originals, and distribute them across the US, because Americans don't like to read subtitles.

Brits make mainstream films and tv like James bond

European movies are made to sell to a domestic audience and lean on the 'native' feel in order to distinguish themselves from the better produced american movies.
Incidentally, this leaning on their local culture makes then less appealing to foreigners, because none of the national memes translate.
Conversely american movies are less american in order to sell to the world.

Attached: eu_giga_chad.jpg (909x982, 69.74K)

>to make shoddy remakes of the originals, and distribute them across the US, because Americans don't like to read subtitles.
I burst out laughing when I read that the Danish film 'Druk' is getting an American remake. I kinda get being too fat and stupid to read subtitles but why can't they just like, and I pray forgiveness for suggesting this, dub them? One of the best thing about watching movies from different countries is that you get to explore different cultures and contexts. Be an anthropologist on your own couch! Druk showed us a small window into mindset of Danes and especially their high school life. Now when we get the American remake we'll get to see once again some big star going through the motions in college drinking parties (because they can't drink before being 21 or something lol) and the whole thing seems so unnecessary and pointless.

Every nation here makes their own turbo-autistic movies, and every now and then one of those movies reaches a wider recognition. The last one was that Danish utterly decadent pile of shit that all the soy lefties lost their minds to (picrel).

But unironically European cinematography is kino, literally every nation has something good, and it is better this way because it is incomparable to Hollywood mass produced generic crap. Even we won an Oscar a few years ago.

Attached: alcoholismisfun.jpg (691x1024, 86.72K)