I'm coming out to my parents today (not as gay but that I will convert to Judaism) and I'm terrified they'll hate me...

I'm coming out to my parents today (not as gay but that I will convert to Judaism) and I'm terrified they'll hate me and that dad will somehow mess up my inheritance from him, he's quite rich but doesnt have a fond opinion of Israel but I dont know if he hates all Jews.

Does your family have irrational hatred of countries that are irrelevant to their lives?

Attached: cry.webm (1100x677, 2.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qXEczxc0rdU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikveh)
youtube.com/watch?v=-1H3S7jPdEE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God why are white women so beautiful
look at those blue eyes

I had to dump my white gf because she said I'm psychotic for converting to any non-christian religion. Atheists here dont really respect religions

you should look the attention of your father in other ways, more healthy ways

you shouldn't have done that
listen to your white gf

Why is she crying? She can't have 3 boyfriends or can't spend thousand Swedish kroner on makeup per week?

Pink Princess

I always tell my muslim coworkers that i am converting to judaism so they don't try to convert me. .

We have a healthy relationship but I've always been terrified of him, I guess its just deep respect.
I read through the tanakh several times and the NT a few times but I didnt find christian theology convincing but I loved judaism and have spent over a year studying various books of theirs. I always believed in God but now I also want to follow the 613 commandments and spend time with all jewish traditions

kek
sounds like your gf managed to avoid a retard

I don't find Judaism compelling at all. It's basically an ethnonarcissist religion. Philosophically and theologically Christianity is also a much more advanced religion from a secular scholarly point of view. It was the culmination of a broader theological trend that had been transpiring around the Mediterranean. And with Greco-Roman philosophy being baked in the religion it also has a firm continuation with Western civilization as a whole. Judaism although ahead of it's time with monotheism is ultimately of it's time and comparatively primitive.

>We have a healthy relationship but I've always been terrified of him, I guess its just deep respect.
>I read through the tanakh several times and the NT a few times but I didnt find christian theology convincing but I loved judaism and have spent over a year studying various books of theirs. I always believed in God but now I also want to follow the 613 commandments and spend time with all jewish traditions
Is this bait?

Why would it be?
I disagree with this, I find Judaism to have a much healthier view of both how the people who believe in its religion should act and how non-jews also can have good lives.

Christianity & Islam literally teaches "Believe in our thing or suffer eternal hell", meanwhile in Judaism you just need to follow the Noahide laws to be considered righteous. The Christianity part is changing but pretty much only the last century or two. Just reading the westminster confession of faith part about those not believing in Jesus Christ being cast into eternal hellfire makes me sick. What a twisted religion to judge millions of people who never came into contact either with Jesus or enough christian theology to burn for eternity. It makes me physically sick.

This entire thing sounds so fucking stupid, kys

שלום עליכם

Ironically, I'm the opposite case. I'm Jewish, and about a year ago my brother and his wife came out to us as atheists. It was really tough, especially on my parents, but at the end of the day he's still my brother and family is family. We still hang out and they come over for meals and everything, and I just hope one day they give their way back.

I thought Swedes abolished the family because it is an oppressive force to women.

Family is important, I would not want to lose my family over this decision and I doubt I will. I'm glad to hear you still hang out with your brother.
Not really.. Swedes move out early but except for that everyone I knows gets along very well with their families.

Well I guess you haven't had any of the talmud or non written torah yet so you're still relatively pure

She needs a Jewish sugar daddy

Christ is salvation but you must come to this realization. Maybe you'll do it through Judaism.

I read parts of this book but the rabbis I spoke to told me that for beginners you need guidance when reading the talmud & it should be done in hebrew.
Thank you for not being hostile, I appreciate it.

Attached: Talmud.jpg (1522x2339, 1.17M)

Have you looked into other Christian churches? You've probably just been exposed to Lutherans and maybe Catholics or Russian Orthodox. But there are middle eastern ones most westerners have never been exposed to.
Here's an Australian man who became a monk in the Egyptian Coptic church.
youtube.com/watch?v=qXEczxc0rdU

Judaism doesn’t even want converts you fucking idiot, it’s an ethnic group more than a religion. Doing this clearly betrays your self-loathing and mental illness. You’re not quirky, you’re fucked in the head and doing shit like this for attention doesn’t make you look cool, it makes you look like the sick freak you are. Use some of that universal healthcare you’re so fond of to talk to a psychologist, pussyboy.

I don't think you should.
It's a lot of babbling about
>Muh animals and goyim made for the Jews
>Eating non kosher rots the mind

sounds hard desu

I'm atheist and my parents still don't accept me as one. I attended church for years because they made me after coming out and to this day is a secret from my uncles/aunts.

But anyway. It's part of me and they can't change that. I'm proud of the person I've become after learning to accept myself.

Good luck user

I’m an atheist and I’ve larped as a Christian for the last 6 years because unlike faggot OP, I actually care about maintaining my relationship with my family more than I care about whichever jew cult i am or am not officially apart of

>I'm atheist and my parents still don't accept me as one. I attended church for years because they made me after coming out and to this day is a secret from my uncles/aunts.
damm same...
My mom still drags me to chruch every now and again but my dad is more or less laissez fair about it. but the rest of my mothers family is pretty religious so she hasn't told them

Embrace the cosmic perspective. Funny jew god and funny jew stories are not real. You are but a human, an insignificant speck in this corporeal realm. Your only job is to create and offspring, and anything that you do afterwards is a bonus. If you can advance or maintain civilization, great. Looking for some skydaddy to get approval from is fucking stupid. If you are doing such dumb shit that you dont think you are being moral, probably stop doing dumb shit. But considering the first thing you thought about when deciding you were going to become a kike was muh inheritance muthafucka, I can already see you will make the perfect fucking jew. I mean really, you have no more spine than to be worried about how many shekels your dad is going to give you when he fucking dies, proves just how much of a worthless waste of biomatter you are. I cant even believe it, the amount of time I have wasted berating you, the amount of effort I have put in to telling you what a piece of shit you are, the fact that you live in a time of almost unimaginable wealth, with nearly infinite knowledge and expertise at your fingertips, and you are worried about getting fucking gibs from your family if you become a jew. Fuck you you blue and yellow cunt, and fuck kikes. So fuck you twice.

B-B-B-BASED

lol dangerously based

to be fair, if your family doesn't accept you because of a belief, it isn't you who is in the wrong. Not including extremisms or cults of course.

once you turn 20-21 they act like they respect your decisions more. Well kinda. My mother still gifts me religious stuff even though I explicitely said to her that I don't want that. But well, no harm is done, I can always donate those.

Even the orthodox are accepting conversions now.
There's always been people converting to Judaism, problem is that muslims and christian societies that Jews lived in generally killed or otherwise harmed those converts & the existing jewish community. Count Potocki might have been a legend but it still shows how people at the time feared how society would react to a convert. I dont think you'd react as hostile if I told you I was converting to Christianity.
Thank you I will watch this documentary. I have not dealt much with middle eastern christianity except for some of the church fathers.
No, the first thing I brought up was that I'm afraid of being hated by my parents. Them locking me out of inheritance is about the only thing they can do as a sign of disapproval. I don't think you clearly understand many things in life so I'll ignore your posts from now on.

>beleiveing in jew god because he wants daddys inheritance
Holy mother of kek!

I don’t tell my family that I’m atheist mainly because it would destroy my Mom. She’s extremely religious. I love her dearly and could never do something like tell her I’m atheist because I know how badly it would hurt her.

Atheism is a religion though
Christian origin story makes more sense than my grandfather being a monkey and earth being a floating ball spinning in nothing

Why don’t you get some bitches on your dick and make some money instead you pathetic weasel. Religion is such a womanly thing to be involved in honestly, stop being pathetic.

there’s that famous Balkan iq at work again

My 1st post in this thread I said I dumped my girlfriend for this. I dont know why you think me getting sex would make me believe in God less

God isn’t real, you believe in God because you’re a freak and in Swedish society religion is the realm of freaks. If you grew up in my shithole it would be the exact opposite, you would be a hardcore reddit fedora tipping atheist because here atheism is the realm of freaks.

You're being hostile & racist. Hardly a good example of humanism m8

Exceptional post

Honey, take your pills sweaty

>My 1st post in this thread I said I dumped my girlfriend for this
Honestly sounds like she dodged a bullet, good for her

Not really, growing up in Stockholm I came into contact with a bunch of different faiths early on and a lot of well educated & normal people here still believe in religion.
We'll both be happier apart, I'm fine with it as it is.

His gf was probably a fat ugly pig who had no other options kek. Fuck you swedejew, I know you’re reading this.

Isn't it impossible for a non jew to become jew?
Like you convert to judaism but still would be considered something else by jews?

LOL just because it offends you doesnt mean its not true, nigger
>muh pills
>muh schizo
>muh holocoaster
Fuck you

Imagine growing up in Stockholm, born to rich atheist parents who dislike Jews. Literally life on the easiest mode possible, i don’t think it could be easier than that. But still here you are fucking it all up. Fuck you.

People are beginning to see through your lies shlomo. 6 million? yeah I don’t think so

Good for you user as long as it makes you happy with yourself, are you considering Aliyah?
>I don’t tell my family that I’m atheist mainly because it would destroy my Mom. She’s extremely religious.
I never knew that kind of thing happen in the west, i'm agnostic and just LARP as Muslim so not to upset my sick mom.

>I never knew that kind of thing happen in the west
Tbf i live in probably the most religious part of the entire Western world- the Bible Belt of the United States.

I've heard that on the dating market there is some people who discriminate jewish at birth vs converts, but theologically and what the rabbis teach out in the several dozens of books I've read, conversion is fully accepted. Maimonides even had contact with converts to Judaism and he accepted him.
I dont know, I think I will have a hard time learning Hebrew to the level that I want to, if I stay in Sweden. I will discuss this with the Rabbi I am in touch with some more. I do think I'd be happier in Israel than in Sweden.

thats sweet user. good decision

If you're going to convert to a religion why don't you choose a cool one like Rastafarianism?

Everyone secretly hates me for choosing islam over christianity.

Good luck user
I've explored conversion to Judaism in the past and it seems like a really difficult process, if the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is real I'd rather be a Noahide than a Jew though
>The praises of a man are that he did not follow the counsel of the wicked, neither did he stand in the way of sinners nor sit in the company of scorners
>But his desire is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night
>He shall be as a tree planted beside rivulets of water, which brings forth its fruit in its season, and its leaves do not wilt; and whatever he does prospers

are you getting the snip?

I practice occultism and my mom thinks it's cool. My Dad always made fun of me though, he said "when you can move some shit across the room I'll call you a wizard" haha. It is pretty silly when you think about it but it works for me

Yes
We all choose our own paths in life, I dont think we should judge eachother for the paths taken unless it harms someone.
I have had periods over the years when I've thought about just being a Noahide and being content with that. But the problem I have is there is no noahide community in my country, there are no holidays Noahides celebrate, there is no gathering of people praying to God. This makes me very depressed and its why I will convert and follow the mitzvah

Are you sure you aren't just looking for a community?
You should be converting to Judaism out of a love of the Law and God, not because you want to feel like you belong or because you think being surrounded by others will make your burden easier
I hope you can succeed either way though, have you discussed this with any rabbis yet?

He said he did.
I think no abrahamic religion is good in its core, sure it may provide benefits but if you truly take all it says as true it's a bunch of population control just like media today.

>Yes
You're going to regret it bud, at least you have the choice so it has some emotional importance to you and it wasn't forced upon you at a week old hence has 0 emotional importance as an event to you but instead to your parents hmmm I wonder why does this ritual sound so much like blood sacrifice :^^^))

I have communities that I'm apart of, but none in my communities believe in God. I want to pray with others as a community, I want to be around others who follow the Law, I want to engage in the oral torah aswell and learn Hebrew.

Now some of these could be done in other religions, or hebrew without converting, but since I dont believe in other religions it doesnt make sense. I love God and do wish to follow the Law, but I will need help along the way to fully understand it better than I am currently. Converting is a long process, and yes I have talked to several rabbis about it.

I don't think I will, since I know what I'm getting into. I understand having it done without consent and then not being religious would make people hate circumcision though.

Judaism isn’t even a religion, it’s a racial ideology for ethnic Jews. Look at what Jews do, they even trick their own god by using shabbos goys and putting the ropes up in NYC, it’s fucking hilarious.

dunno man, it's up to you but genital mutilation to join the cool kids sounds like a big commitment
can't you just lie about it? what are they gonna do, pull down your pants to check your pp?

Conversion to Judaism is a huge deal and commitment
As a Jew you're under far more scrutiny from God than if you were a Gentile, it's nothing to do on a whim

I mean converting to judaism is a large commitment, but I believe in the religion so obviously I am willing to do it.
The Rabbis I've spoken to say it takes about a year of meeting with them & studying intensely, getting examined that you're sincere about your conversion & getting circumcised, and having the ritual bath (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikveh) before you'd be considered a jew. So its obviously a lot longer process than for example conversion to Christianity.

I gotta go study now, I've got a lot of med school to catch up on. Thanks to everyone who replied with kindness

Even if I was religious I would probably find the way its done weird but would probably excuse it like many religious people do

>can't doubt god he knows best so don't even think about why it's not right because there are an infinite reasons why it's good

Plus modern Judaism completely modified the original texts with a billion interpretations that completely change the original meanings, in the tanach it's stated multiple times that ones action will impact himself and in some cases their group and or future children yet nowadays a majority of religious Jews seem to agree that this world doesn't matter and that reincarnations are real and you're given a good or bad life depending on how much you've sinned and the ultimate goal is reaching heaven - to me this is clearly brainwashing and manipulation way beyond what's in the original texts.

האם הם באמת?

Attached: juice.png (600x740, 216.99K)

Still fair game

simp

>I will pretend to be this thing with the sole intention of being edgy and hurting my parents as much as possible

So, protip, you technically can't become a Jew if your mother is not a maternally descended Jew. I think you should reevaluate where your anger comes from and your parents really are to blame for whatever failures or boredom you are experiencing in your life.

It's a real thing.
The original tanach is kind of okay but I really don't like most of the interpretations they came up with and they always have excuses to why one interpretation or law is different it's in the end just choosing and picking whatever they want based on what stuck socially.

Don't like it one bit.

That's without touching on false events mentioned in the books just because I can't really bother with arguing about religion, talking about it is more interesting even if I'm not religious.

>I'm coming out to my parents today (not as gay but that I will convert to Judaism) and I'm terrified they'll hate me and that dad will somehow mess up my inheritance from him, he's quite rich but doesnt have a fond opinion of Israel but I dont know if he hates all Jews.
If I had a cringe sperg son like you, I'd remove it too. Hopefully he does it.

do rabbis use anesthesia for adult circumcisions or is it done the "old school" way like with babies?

Probably anesthesia as they can't rely on
>He won't remember it lel

you will never be a real jew

shame

she's american

You will never be a real jew

as long as you promote race mixing, you're o.k. in my book, schlomo.

Put this on when you're giving the announcement and make sure the beat drops right when you say
>I'm a Jew now
youtube.com/watch?v=-1H3S7jPdEE

kek

>be a random guy
>hmm what am i gonna do today, i know! Lets convert to judaism!
firsties really have too much time and money