Cartman: *be a racist sociopathic monster*

>Cartman: *be a racist sociopathic monster*
>Kyle: *be a moralfag*
>Stan: *be bland deadpan guy whose only personality is "God I'm so annoyed by how wacky everyone around me is*"
>Kenny: *be the character people forget even exists.*
>Butters *get's fucked over*
>Episode either revolves around some pop culture personality/political event that two months after the episode is aired it's not gonna be relevant anymore, or is a generic "Good vs bad" story where Cartman is le bad guy and Kyle is le hero.
>More pop culture references
>Episode ends with some moral lesson delivered by Kyle.
So... people actually like this?

Attached: southpark.jpg (700x367, 37.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e4OlN1Es4Rc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm starting to suspect that south park doesn't have any real fans anymore. This show used to be pretty fun back in the day, but now that it's just that, the only fans are either fujos, normies who will watch anything as long as it's on streaming services, or sad oldschool fans who only hold on because they might as well see this shit thru and maybe catch a glimpse of their fave.
I'm just here till Trey shows tits.

>normies who will watch anything as long as it's on streaming services
What about people who watch it on comedy central (Cable TV)?

Same thing, really. South Park has become one of the generic adult shows it used to mock, now it's in the ranks of Family Guy, The Simpsims, Rick & Morty... It's just another one of "those" so people just stumble across it and assume it's all meant to be this bad and soulless.

Each episode follows the sitcom formula, at first it wasn't that way, but later on the series became more formulaic. That episode where they criticize family guy sucks because they do the same thing family guy does.

the best episodes are the early stuff where they aren't pushing liberterian stuff in the episodes. ie the korn episode, the evil goldfish, the ripoff carnival, all of those were great especially if youve ever lived in a small town and seen rip off carnivals

We need to compile a list of all the tropes the show subverted, or made fun of, only to then turn around a few seasons later and do exactly that.

you only ever liked this show because it was that forbidden cartoon you shouldn't watch as a child but did anyway

I was never disallowed to watch anything, I watched it because it was good and I'm able to have taste

Even back early on, when it was obvious M&T have libertarian values, they were still having a laugh and doing antimorals, and you could argue that they're not PUSHING libertarian values, as much as they are simply pushed BY them, on account of being libertarians is all. Now, it really does feel like they're trying to push them, almost like they lost their memory and fell for some kinda meme of what SP is "supposed to be", as opposed to writing it organically. Actually, if you look at the recent episodes under the assumption that It's written by someone trying to copy old SP, it'll make a whole lot of sense.

>south park
>libertarian
I always felt that they were old-school liberals, which puts them into economic liberalism these days.

>it was good
it never was

Wrong.

>jokes about how climate change isn't real
that episode was never about how climate change isn't real, even if they DID say that
it was about how Al Gore is a self centered clout chasing lunatic, and it's still true. just because he said something that more people believe today doesn't make him not crazy
they only reeled back cause they got spooked and that was the era where sp became toothless, where they suddenly couldnt say the unpopular opinion

if a man stands outside naked with a massive sign that says "coffee is tasty!" youll still call him a raging fucking maniac, no matter what your opinion on his statement is

this thread looks like it could use some comfy
i think i'll stay

Attached: comfy kenny inside.png (252x252, 71.23K)

sp always made dumbshit statements
"call people fags!" "smoking is good actually, kids!" and they never went back on any of them, because it was obviously jokes
the fact that they chose to take this one back proves it was never a joke, and it proves that now, sp is written from an actual political standpoint with the creators actual morals in mind

a person whos really joking doesnt need to keep saying "haha im joking tho! im joking! really!"

I don't think they said smoking is good. They were just clowning on people who get assblasted when they see someone trying to unwind by having smoke.
>"BUT MUH SECOND HAND SMOKE"
Car exhaust produces as almost as much second hand smoke as cigarettes/cigars and is equally toxic. Let's ban cars then shall we?

>I don't think they said smoking is good.
they did. they said it.
sure they didnt mean it, but thats the point im making, back then they werent scared of joking like that
its only now that theyre worried about how theyll be interperted less someone assumes theyre not on the side of [correct current day political stance]

Yeah I was mostly talking about seasons past S6 in my post. The early seasons (1-6) came off as naturally irreverent and had a distinct charm to them. The later seasons feel like literally any other cartoon but with more adult language and stuff.

p much
i think the show peaked in season 4

Well, I've watched it up to like season 16 or so and it definitely started getting worse late on, but it was still often pretty funny which is the main reason for why anyone would watch it anyway. But especially the earlier seasons had a lot of charm I think, lots of episodes genuinely felt like playground shenanigans and dumb scenarios we would come up with with friends as kids

Why do people say Matt and Trey have become toothless when this happened in 2017 (which is relatively recent)
youtube.com/watch?v=e4OlN1Es4Rc
>A parody of Kanye and his mother, who had died fairly recently.
>Kanye is referred to as a "little gay fish who wants to help his mom get to heaven"
>His mom is portrayed as a blackface mammy caricature.
I know this is from the video game, but no other mainstream media would even dare to do something like that. Heck even on the internet, you'd only get away with something like this on some place like Any Forums.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 71.59K)