Nickelodeon was never good

nickelodeon was never good.

Attached: Nickelodeon-Logo[1].png (3840x2160, 27.17K)

i never understood the appeal of the loud house
it's the kids cartoon equivalent of valorant. it's total dogshit and everyone knows it but retards still consume it and make it successful because it's what's on or they have a waifu in it

Which era did you start watching in and which one did you stop watching in?

Attached: 39jkd8tsurm91.jpg (5152x3661, 2.56M)

Shut up boomer.

Attached: images.jpg (228x128, 7.87K)

Not Op, but I started in late Golden Age, and stopped consistently watching in Age of Schneider. I've occasionally checked back in, but thats usually the result of seeing some kinda drama online and wanting to witness it for myself.

Did you know its creator used to make a webcomic about a cat who perved on his own mother?

Golden and silver age are reversed u stupid fucks, who the fuck even talks about any of those "golden age" shows listed here. Stupid list made by some dyke ass 90's faggot. SpongeBob, fairy odd parents, drake and josh, Jimmy neutron, Ned's declassified, Danny phantom my life as a teenage robot were and ARE what Nickelodeon stood for, what's in this "golden era" between 91 - 98? A bunch of old cartoons having their billionth spinoffs? Old shows being aired because the network has to kill time? The fuck out of here with your "golden age" the 2000's was the greatest decade for kids in all fronts

Zoomer hands wrote this.

The zoomer is a sperg but also correct.

I agree with you man the only nick shows I still like are ren and stimpy and rocko

>Referring to the Nickelodeon Era that came before 1998 as the Golden Age, even though the channel wouldn't have peaked until the year around 1999 to 2005.

To the millennial that posted this, get off your phone/laptop, your lunch break is about to finish.

Gay. 1999 to 2005 was the best of Nick. Far surpassing anything Cartoon Network or Disney Channel has ever and will ever show.

Wrong.

Facts. The very late 90s to mid 2000s was the peak of Nickelodeon imo. And this coming from a 2000s kid.

Keep coping.

>be kid
>be little footfag
>Nick had qt girls feet everywhere
>all the time
>grow up
>realize why that was

Attached: PCPoggers.png (328x431, 111.64K)

They want to jerk off to the kids. Its not hard to figure out.

Golden and Silver age. I watched a little bit of the Bronze and Schneider age but at that time I was already too old and very uninterested.

>who the fuck even talks about any of those "golden age" shows listed here.

Attached: Helga.png (338x296, 91.86K)

>who the fuck even talks about any of those "golden age" shows listed here
They talk about them on Any Forums because the vast majority are live-action.

Golden age shows like Pete and Pete were semi-mature. Silver age shows like Amanda show were more generic with laugh tracks and plots about being famous.

born into silver age and loved it, got obsessed with a ton of shows there. jimmy neutron, spongebob, danny phantom, rugrats, fairly oddparents, drake and josh, mlaatr, neds, oswals. so many memories of so many shows there, and i liked a lot of them.

bronze age i started realizing it was going to shit. i liked some shows there thought like catscratch, and have fond memories of watching wonder pets/max and ruby with my sister. i watched a fair bit of icarly but never really liked it

I remember staying up for new zoey 101 and h20 episodes, and laying on my grandparents' bed on a rainy afternoon for back at the barnyard

age of schneider i didn't really watch at all. would watch nick at night sometimes or spongebob at night and wake up to robot and monster, so i have a weird quasi-nostalgia for robot and monster, but it was around that era i realized i wasn't the kid the channel was pandering to anymore

started in late rising age, quit by the middle of what's on here as the silver age

I think a big problem lies in the way Nick shows tend to depict the world, the larger issue there being the channel's attitude.

Nick used to be a swaggy, smarmy, gross-out channel with a "HEY KIDS isn't LEARNING COOL????" bend. Motown music on those claymation "nick nick nick nick nick nick nick nick" promos, everything designed to be as fun and outrageous as possible to appeal to every kid.

When they got to, about FOP and the Amanda Show onward [i stopped watching at icarly so i'm not sure how it is these days] there was a vibe shift at the channel.

I notice that in Nickelodeon shows, a chunk of the humor is very "so this is my life :/", characters desire superficial popularity like Timmy, Jimmy, Danny, Ned. The world itself feels bitchier, like the high school "geeks, jocks, stacys, skaters, band kids" hierarchy is built into the world, and is pretty unquestioned. If Timmy Turner were to drown, the popular kids would purposely clip him with their surfboard. Francis would dunk him further underwater when Timmy asks for help. Teachers are something you avoid to try and not get caught, and when they do catch you it can become literally life or death.

On CN there's less of a plot most of the time, and more of an in-the-moment laugh. "Hey kids you can come chill here if you want, aren't these wacky shows funny". Think of Dexters Lab and Ed Edd n Eddy. Almost all the characters, and the world itself is "down a peg" from Nick. Every character is varying degrees of weird and scummy. You laugh at the cheerleader for being prissy and annoying, you laugh at the nerd when his pen shoots ink in his face. The surfer kid saves Mandark when he's drowning and they walk off together to hang out. You laugh at Mandark, but you also laugh at the surfer stereotype. There's more punching, kissing, violence, but it doesn't escalate into life & death the way Nick shows do. Everyone is more equalized.

just food for thought

Attached: EJoRa2sWoAIXe1X.jpg (2048x1326, 315.28K)