If it was being made today, what would be different about Billy and Mandy

As compared to the 2000s?

Attached: BillyandMandyScreen.jpg (240x200, 23.68K)

it would be a shitty western isekai
>b-b-but isekai means the mc is teleported to another world!
stfu, you know what i mean.

Well first off Mandy would be hated because le stronk wamen

I wouldn't have watched it since I lost that naive youthfulness and interest on cartoons (media in general) due so much uninspired trash nowadays getting pumped out. It would be soft and safe 2020's writing versus the funny and edge of the 00's.

They would try to give this guy le tragic backstory and some bullshit freudian excuse for being evil. They would miss the fact that he's just supposed to be some desperate dumbfuck who just happens to be an all-powerful demon (or a god of death, if his name is to be taken as a hint)

Attached: nergal.png (600x800, 144.9K)

this. Incels and chuds now have voice and is the worst thing the internet has made possible

Death wouldn't be a main character and it would be more about Billy and Mandy encountering a new supernatural being or monster each episode

It wouldn't be made.

Sperg wouldnt be named Sperg for starters

bad hypothetical, Maxwell Atoms has integrity. Now, a reboot wouldn't have Eris

Attached: EOZb1FuUUAAoDIO.jpg (1200x900, 162.24K)

This. You try and make a "mean, competent girl and her literal retard boy sidekick" in le current year, both this board and Twitter absolutely loses its shit.

Less hateful farts and more meta humor. I feel Maxwell would find another way to let his dark humor out.

Shitty artstyle and animation. And probably some dragqueen character.

It would be made for pussies and Executives who can't handle "hateful fart cartoons"
Does she seem like the kind of character who would twerk and cry about catcalling

Grim would not have a Jamaican voice, but he would be voiced by a black man.

I'm positive it would be worse in every possible way, so I'm not going to bother thinking of specifics.

Lorecreep, shipping, and an appeal to people who want to turn all the supernatural monsters into fujo shit. Mandy would the firmly the protagonist and Billy would be pushed to the background as he is just a comedy character. The obvious camp nature of the premise would be lost on the writers who think they’re writing super deep drama for mature young adults. Pic unrelated.

Attached: F1C411BF-63A4-458B-B351-A54B66EF8E1C.jpg (300x388, 31.25K)

No however -- >

>black
>demon
Thats racist

>or a god of death, if his name is to be taken as a hint
There's a god of death named nergal?

Nergal is the name of an actual deity in Mesopotamian mythology, known as the god of death, war and disease, and the king of the underworld.

Nergal of Billy and Mandy also rules over the underworld, so he's probably based on the mesopotamian myth.