Punchline

Will she finally catch on in a few more years or will be remembered as a worthless character?

Attached: Punchline.jpg (790x1200, 321.48K)

Give her a cute new romance to save her from the Joker. Joker has been shit for 20+ years now. Harley got rescued, now we need to say Punchline.

save*

I hope she will be forgotten. But knowing DC she will probably live on and get more stories.

As long as they're pushing for Harley to be independent there will be a niche for Punchline to fill. At this point "Joker's moll" is an established concept.

They need to incorporate her into some actual media in order for her to catch on. DC really has to hammer in that she's Harley's replacement and make something memorable of her that will stick for years. Harley wasn't just popular in an instant, she was in the Batman cartoon first and developed an immense following due to how likeable and entertaining she was. Punchline needs to have the same or similar situation happen to her as well.

But she lacks all of the thematic aspects Harley had as a henchwoman. You can't simply give me a worse version and call it a day because she fills the same niche. Harley, as a villain, was a really neat commentary on Batman's sympathy for his villains and his tendency to see good in them, to always hope for redemption. She of course was a complete perversion of that aspect. Punchline just wants to encourage Joker. What is the angle with that? Why do we need a character that thinks Joker's evil is something to celebrate, when we already have a character like that? Namely, Joker himself.

Same reason why Jason isn't Dick, Tim isn't Jason, and Damian isn't Tim. All the same niche, all different characters and characterization. And that's under a shared moniker. Both Harley and Punchline give Joker someone to play off of with more audience investment than using a goon. They also have different characterizations and types of relationship with the Joker.

I think they pushed her out of the Joker underling role and made her a half boiled Joker replacement too quickly.

She will catch on when they bring her in for the last season of Harley Quinn as a marketing ploy and have le ebin climactic final battle with reddit chungus family guy jokes. Screencap this.

I just want to see her defeat and humiliate Yara Flor.

She has a bit of a fanbase and cosplayers really like her, but she won't actually be popular until she shows in stuff normies actually care about, ie, not comics. needs to show up in a game or cartoon.

I have my doubts Punchline will ever catch on though, DC always falls back on Harley and Joker despite pushing her with Ivy, so Punchline will never have a real shot at doing something memorable as Joker's new henchwoman.
shame cause i do like her more than modern Harley.

Attached: Punchline-The-Gotham-Game-2-Open-to-Order-Variant-Chew.jpg (997x1536, 468.49K)

Who?

Attached: 124124123332.jpg (1600x1206, 953.42K)

Attached: 142131323879780.jpg (1600x2403, 1.94M)

there is simply no reason for Joker to have a new henchwoman.

She already failed to click. All that remains is for Joker to put a bullet in her and say something like "You picked a very fitting name".

They could make her an genius in social media manipularion, like egirls.
Then it would make sense for Joker to keep her as a gateway for normies to worse crimes.

Not really, she's the most successful of the new characters Tynion introduced, as has been said in the thread before, she just needs to show up outside of the comics.

Attached: 5764.jpg (629x821, 148.79K)

>They could make her an genius in social media manipularion, like egirls.
That already is her exact backstory.

Comics are worthless now, she will only catch on if she appears in media that people actually consume.

I guess she's meant to represent people that idolize joker IRL. That concept doesn't really have legs like harley's gimmick does, but it's there

I hope Punchline makes it bros.

>she's the most successful of the new characters Tynion introduced
that’s not saying much
fucking kek

If they put her in a movie and let her be cast by a drop dead gorgeous actress, she has a chance to succeed. If they cast her as a woke ugly tranny when she finally shows up in live action, she's DOA. Basically her popularity depends entirely on how hot the actress they cast for her is and how sexy they allow the costume to be.