He has a point, you know

He has a point, you know

Attached: 4A75E3C3-A9B0-4432-B9BA-AB793A7BF023.jpg (381x249, 62.87K)

Attached: ThisAgain.jpg (1242x913, 890.74K)

Did he have better examples?

Lame barneyfag bait

What he has is autism that causes him to conflate different meanings of "mature"

Not a very good one though

Attached: Bronies, this is your mindset.png (307x157, 21.83K)

It's not about "respect" it's about addressing these subject with the nuance only accessible to adults.

"Be kind to others" might be respectful, but it's not eye-opening.

You're being remarkably civil today. Everything ok?

Nah he's just blowing things out of proportions.

>"N-OOOO YOU CANT HAVE SERIOUS STORIES WITH A CARTOON PONY! NOOOOO!"
Anyone who says this demonstrates a serious lack of awareness of children's literature and storytelling throughout history. Asserting that putting mature themes in a children's story is wrong or misguided is basically at odds with most storytelling throughout human culture in almost any other time period and is probably the perspective of a sanitized person brought up on junk television and media, or whatever their excuse might be, ignorant of culture.
>"B-but Twilight Sparkle dies, that's so edgy!!"
Uh-huh. And? That’s bad because….cartoon characters are escapist fantasy stories that shouldn’t deal with anything beyond the most basic power struggles? Again, totally unlike fairy tales throughout history over thousands of years where animals and children were killed or murdered or eaten etc etc, right? But cartoon characters must be pure because, why, exactly?
MLP is far more thematically and tonally similar to a traditional children's story than what passes for kids entertainment in mass media today.
Essentially there's no fucking way that these people would ever appreciate or recommend to a child Hans Christian Andersen, Liaozhai zhiyi, Brothers Grimm, Ozaki's "Japanese Fairy Tales", and so on. They admire a sanitized, simplistic world and consider the introduction of any supposedly "mature" themes a tonal intrusion. What they don't recognize is that this position is genuinely a 20th/21st-century sheltered-kid puritanical position that goes against the entire history of children's storytelling. Their criticism of MLP is focused solely on the fact that depression and grief has no place in a cartoonish world, but when cute animals dealt with these things in stories all over the world for centuries, I have to wonder how many other works in how many other cultures would be considered to be shit by their standards.

Okay, faggot, show me any of these stories tackling the subject of rape...nah that's too hard. Show me any of these stories tackling the subject of death with nuance.

>Butterfry

Butterfree

What's Dobson up to nowadays?

What even happened to this guy?

I think his family finally got him to get off the internet

Best case, homeless. Worst case, still alive.

Yes but he used the worst evidence possible

I time traveled back to shoot your ancestor in the head. Also tried to wipe out primordial humanity yes...

Attached: C27DA298-FF38-48A1-B55A-2DA92A92AA2C.jpg (1280x720, 90.81K)

This is literally the worst panel in that embarrassing comic, I hope you're being ironic, Blueyfag

I think there's a difference between "Mature" and "Adult". You can have an offscreen death but a careful look into greif and moving on after loss, which would be mature but not adult. Or a death where we get to see the character knifed in the stomach and watch them bleed out but it's just thrown in for shock value with no exploration of anything surrounding that, adult but immature.

With all the rampant inflation nowadays, he probably blew up in ecstasy,

Attached: Notorious D.O.B..png (512x512, 293.93K)

>steven
I hate seeing that ugly face.

>I think there's a difference between "Mature" and "Adult"
You're close
There's a difference between "emotionally mature" and "physically mature" and "content meant for the mature"
What Dobson is doing is called conflation, it's when you use two different definitions of a word interchangeably.

For a more concrete example it's like someone showing you a tank of water and you saying "if that's such a great tank, where's the turret?"

Didn't read lol. YWNBAW. LmAo.

The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man and The 70s drugs comics like that teen titan issue

cherrypicking all around. At the end of the day, they're all made by adults, who have the capability to write high quality and low quality stories for their intended audience.

Imagine listing to someone who looks like this.

Attached: cf0e3cb068cb4435b06a9f1d602e106c.png (200x200, 59.05K)