How come we've never had an Elseworlds where Superman is exactly what Lex "fears" (more like projects...

How come we've never had an Elseworlds where Superman is exactly what Lex "fears" (more like projects, but that's besides the point)?
>inb4 countless Superman but evil clones
Not my point. I'm talking more about Superman the alien, and not just in the literal sense. We have a person from an entirely different species, who has the powers of a god and the mind of a quantum computer. And he spends his days... being a journalist. That's it. I get the why. He was raised by the good-natured Kents, he's inside a good person in general, and he takes a fatherly approach to mankind, sepherding it to what he considers good and just. I get all that. But I'd like to see a more "realistic" take on Superman where he's not explicitly evil, but more "off". His mind is too great, so he devotes it to problem solving, creating crazy tech, being invested in the arts and philosophies and everything. He's not outright malicious because he knows he could take over the world in a snap, and that's banal to him. So he poses as some prodigy (who's still less smart than his true self) CEO or Noble or any of that sort, taking centre stage and merely passing the time slowly, enjoying the beautiful things across the ravages of time. Meanwhile, he'd suit up as Superman but only to protect the world from alien invaders, mad scientists; the big stuff only.

It's silly, but I just thought
>what if Hannibal was Superman
was a weird but kinda interesting idea. It's just that instead of eating random people, this SuperHannibal would sate his evolved urges by taking out the universe's trash. I thought of him as a Reed Richards type mixed with Hannibal's demeanor by day, and a genuine god.

Attached: c6a70e1cfafa7a854efdd77e15f96ed7.jpg (600x400, 45.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brightburn
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prodigy_(comics)
ambarb.com/?comic=satans-soldier-page-1
youtube.com/watch?v=rGyfhOFvbj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

remotely related
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brightburn

This is an interesting idea. It would be a neat subversion of Superman being the relatable American-ideals good guy and make him almost Lovecraftian in his behavior. You could even say it’s creepier to have him be “off” than an outright evil killing machine. Like yeah he’ll protect the Earth, but he still doesn’t think anything like you or me, and really the Earth just got lucky that he wants to protect it instead of rule/destroy it.
Cool concept user.

Just read Watchmen.

Kinda, but thanks for the response anyway.
Thanks user. I’ve always found it a neat concept and I’m curious as to why nobody has done it. It’s just weird that even though he’s The Super Man, nobody ever dwells on his intellect and they just brush it off. There’s tons of stories that could come off that.
Eh, not the same, though I see your point.

If it’s any consolation, at least you have a unique idea to either pitch or create your own story/content some day. The concept of Hannibal as Superman would likely garner some attention I would imagine. And lord knows DC/Superman could use some fresh ideas.
Regardless, it does get the creative juices flowing.

Thanks user. I'm not interested in being a comic book writer, but I'll keep it in the back of my head. It just seems weird to me that nobody has done something similar considering how Superman is set up, but I suppose that's the nature of capes.

There were honestly some aspects of this in the Silver Age and Bronze Age Superman, although they only showed up from time-to-time and not to the extent you describe.
Check out Ed Pinsent's Silver Age Superman, I think it's what you're looking for.

Attached: scan0045.jpg (1145x1600, 741.92K)

The idea of superhumans having increasingly alien psychology the more powerful they get was covered extensively by Moore back with Miracle Man, where they end up thinking of themselves and being thought of as gods essentially.

Waid's Irredeemable is pretty edgy but I think it covered how deranging and alienating it would be for everyone on earth to feel like you're a walking WMD and you're excruciatingly aware of this due to super senses well.

Soviet Superman from Red Son is more like that isn’t he?

He’s raised by commies and an authoritarian government who instils in him that people need to be cared for and helped but also they need to be kept in line

He creates crazy tech like the Brainiac defence network. Lobotomises and mind controls “problematic” people. Etc

As he lives longer and longer he becomes more and more of a kind of god king who rules rather than just a helping hand

Plus Lex is his only lasting enemy who rules the USA in opposition to the Soviet Union who now has the whole planet other than the USA

He’s not evil but his moral code is much more inhuman

Attached: B8B5A31E-DFD7-4639-9ED2-C706595CE758.jpg (994x1616, 218.77K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prodigy_(comics)

You mean like literally superman red son?

If you must, if you insist, Satan's Soldier is your best bet. A high-functioning and deceptively tolerable and "helpful" psychopathic Superman. He's genuinely in it for the stimulation and the sentimentality (he does "protect" Earth), but because this isn't Invincible and the universe is allowed to have ultraweights like Darkseid-tier characters, you get to see him in a lot of exotic underdog situations. But he's still a murderous, mercurial narcissist. Alien in his thinking and egotistical in his actions.

ambarb.com/?comic=satans-soldier-page-1

Attached: Justice_League_Infinity_Vol_1_2_Textless.jpg (1200x1822, 425.9K)

This. Red Son is best read as fanfiction authored by Lex Luthor himself. It's the exact scenario best designed to feed his ego trip.
>Superman is a communist menace
>in league with evil aliens
>lobotomizing anyone who disagrees with him
>so-called "Superheroes" are useless or worse
>the United States is helpless before his alien might
>only Lex can stop him with a few choice words
>Lex leads humanity to utopia and actually all of Superman's amazing powers came from Lex in the first place so any good he did is really Lex's work

Attached: lex_luthor_president-928x523.jpg (928x523, 89.36K)

We get it, you people don’t like Superman. Now fuck off to your edgy sites like proper stunted retards.

Dude calm down. I love superman( fuck silver age supes is my favorite) but I feel this is a fair and reasonable discussion about the man of tommarow.

Attached: 1659360290017851.jpg (658x550, 85.45K)

As I said, for what OP stated, Satans Soldier is your guy. The story's all done for you to enjoy, so check that out to see if that's what you imagined it would be.

Attached: SSHeadPop.jpg (780x1132, 1.18M)

I remember reading that ages ago but I can't remember much about it.
>Miracleman
Good call, but I think they were still too human.
>muh Thatcher
just soured it. I found Irredeemable too boring, but you're right on that part.
Similar, but the core of the story was mostly about how a different nurture would result in a different Superman. I'm talking about a more "alien" approach.
Not what I'm talking about.
I read that ages ago too; can't remember a thing. Will give it another shot.
Yeah, I will agree that it ended up being too much of a Luthor wank. It wasn't even interesting.
>muh technoliberal utopia
>lel legal threesomes
Bah.
Why are you like this?

I think a Superman movie told from the point of view of Lex Luthor would be one of the few ways to get a Superman movie that doesn't suck made at all in todays film industry. You can have Luthor slowly lose his sanity as the story goes along as more and more people begin turning to Superman and praising Superman and going on and on about how good and cool and virtuous Superman is. And Lex goes full "I'm taking Crazy pills" because he can't understand how people can not be afraid of the obvious alien invader who's most likely a vanguard for a future invasion of earth.

Attached: Luthor Is Forever.png (999x533, 941.38K)

It's because it's solipsistic musings like these that gave birth to the superhero deconstruction quagmire we now find ourselves in. It's how Guardians of Justice became a thing:

youtube.com/watch?v=rGyfhOFvbj0

Why do people hate Superhero deconstruction so much nowadays? What's wrong with acknowledging that if Superheroes were real people, they'd sometimes behave the way real people in the real world do?