So, I'm watching the original Godzilla movie and I'm seriously wondering, why hasn't it been adapted into a comic yet...

So, I'm watching the original Godzilla movie and I'm seriously wondering, why hasn't it been adapted into a comic yet? Get a artist that specializes in black & white to do the artwork to keep with the movie's format. I would buy that shit first day.

Attached: p8LeuYY-asset-mezzanine-16x9-6d7Z2aj.jpg (1920x1080, 218.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

projectkayama.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why adapt it into comic form when you can just watch the movie?

FPBP

I assume to expand on the material.

godzilla comic thread

the comic where godzilla goes to hell was giga kino, also had one of the most visually interesting depictions of God i've seen

Attached: godmountain.png (640x984, 1.39M)

Might as well spend that time to get some more interesting Godzilla stories out of it.

Doesn’t look like Toho ain’t gonna budge on the “No Shin sequel” idea, so do that instead

They adapted a few later movies and some rejected ideas that were too crazy. I prefer when they make new ideas for Godzilla comics but they seem to have some problems with how to write him. Movie-wise we've got enough remakes of the 1954 story for a while.

Was okay. Call me a casual, but Half Century War was better

There was a book. In fact the book was released before the movie but it was improved when Takeo Murata adapted it into a script.

Was it translated?

Godzilla in Hell was simply an opportunity for artists to show themselves which is why people mostly remember the first issue. Half-Century War was better but Rulers of Earth was the best serialized story because it finally offered some vatiety in terms of its presentation of Godzilla and monsters in general.

Who excited for the Shinimatic Universe?

There is a fan translation.
projectkayama.wordpress.com/

Godzilla Zero is coming and it better be original. If the director is such a big fan of Showa then make it in a similar style.

This. Movie’s a masterpiece.

There is like 3 tones of Showa. Pick one.

I want Showa circa 1964 but perhaps he said he liked the 70s version? I'm gonna say unconfirmed before I find some source for that.

>Joker's getting a sequel
>Anno apparently has a plan for a Shin Godzilla sequel just in case
Can we just leave some things alone, I'm getting major direct-to-DVD-Disney PTSD

Attached: 5bf.jpg (1001x1001, 223.39K)

>expecting Anno to resist the impulse to be a hack

Kurosawa never got to make his own version of a movie by his best friend so we had to wait until Anno to get our first auteur directing Godzilla movie. Not counting one or two episodes of Evangelion this is the only thing made by him that I watched and I like Shin but only as a stand alone. It's an experimental Godzilla. Like GMK.

You are new to the Anno Experience. Enjoy it while the good times last.

That would be a novelisation

not Any Forums
go back

Godzilla was inspired by a 50s story by a Japanese pulp sci fi writer Shigeru Kayama called The Jira Monster. Kayama was hired by Toho to write a story for the "project G" monster movie. The story is different from the finished movie. I think those changes turned Godzilla from a solid monster movie into a masterpiece and I assume the novelization is longer than the shooting script.