Netflix animation BTFO’d

Any Forums bros, this doesn’t look good for the animation industry.

Attached: 96BF9665-1D40-4E9A-990A-CB2D69526CF8.jpg (1170x1843, 974.76K)

>30 employees
truly it is over.

Weebros won.

Too many cartoons watched by too few people. It is what it is.
Not shitting on the animators. Not all of them. The decision to pursue dumb projects like Anti-Racist Baby surely did not come from people at the bottom. But nevertheless they were accomplices. They empowered projects like that. They enabled the navel-gazing of an entire industry of narcissists. They did this at the expense of investor money.
Ah, the rich investors, the fat cats, it's okay to steal from them, right? But do you know where the majority of money come from? Pension funds. Retirement accounts. School and community investment boards. That money comes from the savings of the previous generation whom they hate.
We're better off with these animators gone. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

That movie was gorgeous looking but the story could have been better. Especially in the last quarter.

Weebros have won since the 80s

Meh.
I know corpos and shills don't want to admit it out loud, but we're basically in a recession, and Netflix (like most modern western media) isn't worth paying for, so when people need to cut back they will start with streaming shit and just pirate if they really give a fuck, which results in less money for corpos, which results in less animation since it's the first thing to get cut.

That's a lot.

so Alex's show is deader than dead now, right?

Netflix won't exist by 2026

Can't see the Brickleback guy getting another show, I couldn't even get through the trailer for Falzar... unless this is yet another example of me misjudging popular taste and his shows are the most popular animation on the platform

>gorgeous looking but the story could have been better
This describes like almost every other piece of animated media. Why are people who do animation so incapable of hiring actual decent writers?

Good. The Sea Beast was ass. you go in for swashbuckling high seas fights with sea monsters & instead get a lazy half baked "hunting giant monsters known to destroy ships is bad actually" message.

>buy into the koolaid that Netflix is "the future"
>burn, no, fucking incinerate bridges with Disney
>Do nothing for years, pitching projects Netflix isn't interested in despite hiring you for a comfy "idea guy" job
>Netflix unceremoniously shrivels up and dies
>you made nothing
>Disney is doing fine
lol he can't catch a break

I thought Netflix was just a glorified money machine farming out all their work to outside production companies. What did they try to inhouse?

Hahahahahahahahahaha
no.

you gonna cry about it? gonna shit and piss and poo poo in your pants? maybe vomit a little? little snot baby

Popularity of certain people in Hollywood is something that defies logic.

For an animation department, actually it is.

>disney doing fine
I dunno about that now. The MCU is failing hard after Endgame & their only big animated show is reduced to specials to wrap up it's story it took too long to tell.

Meanwhile Crunchyroll just expanded for the 5th time in 2 years

Muttoids absolutely murked lmfao

Attached: 20210106_221620.jpg (1080x865, 349.52K)

They aren't doing WELL but they aren't unceremoniously hacking shit left and right like WBD and Netflix.

Nobody truly cares

Crunchyroll is shit though.

because we're living among a generation of people who grew up reading harry fucking potter, people don't know what good writing is

>their only big animated show
Big City Greens?
Or are you implying that TOH is big?
In which case, fucking lol.

You know Disney has a few more things going on than just what is Any Forums-adjacent. MCU might be a decent chunk of their brand, but only because it's so much of a fad currently. That's the thing about being a media conglomerate. If you don't own the next fad, you just buy it.

Financially speaking, Disney's doing fantastically. Netflix, however, has fundamental problems which threaten their existence. Like all big tech companies they're too growth-focused and now that stiff competition has made it so that they're not growing 10% every year but in fact are :gasp: not growing at all, that's one foot in the grave for them. Not saying this as a fan of either, it's just the facts.