Hahaha it’s funny because it’s Barney

>Hahaha it’s funny because it’s Barney.
Why were a lot of 90s cartoons obsessed with mocking Barney so much?

Attached: 91850800-4EE9-4E67-97B4-79743D227B6B.png (500x375, 243.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-bw4jiMcJKE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Marge

Barney is probably the reason I started lifting.

Was it autism?

Because he was annoying as fuck if you were older than 4.

I WANT YOU FUCKING DEAD

it's because he was annoying if you weren't a little kid and he was everywhere in the 90's

Same reason everyone was on Dora's ass in the early 2000's. That shit was everywhere.

What?

We didn't have memes yet, we had to make due with mocking Barney, mocking Barbie, singing jingle bells and happy birthday but with funnier lyrics, and parodying celebrities and pop music like Britney Spears. You zoomies have it easy with your constant stream of stupidity online to exploit.

I remember when I was dumb and worshipped Barney like a chud.

Attached: 1653318069130.jpg (640x480, 54.87K)

Denigrating nice things is what the corrupt evil cock suckered in Hollywood and adolescents desperate for a way into adulthood do.
If it's not done to temper the ego of the evil masquerading as good or cultishness of it then its mere bullying.

Is Bluey gonna have the same effect?

Attached: 1647188893835.jpg (487x533, 152.79K)

Barney jumped the shark hard in Season 9. Seasons 1-8 was the golden age, yet those fuckers at HIT decided to milk it out six more times severely ruining the show's dynamic and making Barney sound like an old pedophile. I wouldn't want my kids around a freak that sounds like that. And they gave us a nigger version of the intro in Season 14, what were they thinking??

I hate you
you hate me
let's all go kill bar-ar-ney
with a 2 by 4 we'll knock him to the floor
no more purple dinosaur

Cringe.

Based.

Based.

I don't think Bluey will be parodied that much because it isn't like your typical kid's show so there is less to make fun of. I am sure it would be possible to make a decent parody of Bluey but it would be a lot easier to do with any other kid's show really. Honestly though outside the internet and Australia I doubt Bluey is that relevant. So it probably won't be parodied any time soon.

He was popular with toddlers but annoyed the hell out of everyone older. Didn't help that it didn't even really teach kids anything. Think of how anyone would be annoyed if they had to watch calliou or those weird ass cocomelon vids with their kids or baby siblings today.

There's literally a documentary coming out on Peacock next month called I Love You, You Hate Me, which is literally just about the whole backlash against Barney. It was that widespread.
youtu.be/-bw4jiMcJKE

No, people actually like Bluey. Only the really awful toddler shows like Teletubbies get mocked.

Seriously have you guys ever SEEN an episode of Teletubbies? It's just words and colors that don't mean anything. Like it was generated by an AI.

Congratulations, you are the first person on Any Forums to successfully prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are not underage.

Attached: congratulations shinji.gif (500x341, 557.12K)

just look at the weird pokemon go boomer comics

Attached: thaxshlta4a01.jpg (540x400, 72.11K)

>Why were a lot of 90s cartoons obsessed with mocking Barney so much?
I dunno, there's some kind of weird effect where bashing on certain kiddie shows is a funny thing to do. I remember barney hate videos, I remember dora hate videos, and right now the big meme is Caillou hate.
Not sure what causes it for these characters in particular, maybe it's just a reactionary part of growing up where you diss on stuff you liked as a child? Either that or the hate is merited because Caillou acts like a bitch in a lot of the original episodes (I believe when it was put in Sprout that they started making episodes of him being a good kid), Barney has literally never had any substance to it, and Dora's awful for teaching kids words or bilingualism.

Attached: 1634516462869.jpg (1170x753, 164.55K)

Maybe, I doubt it'd be straight up mocking but more like nostalgic memes when the kids watching it grow up