I'm sick of Japanese national motifs everywhere, fucking Deadpool running around with katanas

>I'm sick of Japanese national motifs everywhere, fucking Deadpool running around with katanas
>decided to look for something similar with European culture
>only asians do that
What is wrong with the West?

Attached: kris-ugoh-batman-cyberpunk.jpg (934x1168, 414.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gsYbRom3h7U
youtu.be/WBESIyEInW0?t=143
twitter.com/AnonBabble

huh?

Because nobody uses Claymore swords?

You know China invented gunpowder...

I curse every day the Chinese invented gunpowder.

Exoticism is just inherently inciting. The familiar isn’t as exciting to some.

How about classic masks? It's a shame when I see masks of Comedy and Tragedy in the Japanese game, but not in western comic.

Attached: Theatre Masks _ LoveToKnow.jpg (300x211, 16.61K)

Are you sure you are familiar with Western culture? Have you ever seen armor like this in pop culture?

Attached: Savoyard_armour_IMG_3805.jpg (3744x5616, 3.26M)

We use Japanese motifs because they are foreign and therefore exotic and looks cool Japan does the same thing with western stuff for the same reason Its why you see Christian iconography and medieval designs all over anime they think it looks cool

Mostly in japanese media, they like it because its foreing.

when do we tell OP it isn't Deadpool in the image

This

>Christian iconography
jew worship is hella cringe

The difference is that Japan has not forgotten its roots and uses everything, while the West has an inferiority complex thanks to Hollywood.

No shit Sherlock.

Because Katanas are an efficient light weight swords that are known for more dynamic movements. Claymores are seen more as heavy while something like a rapier is less dynamic.

You sure you're not just projecting your own issues?

There have been these elements of orientalism in a lot of Western fiction since like the 70s. Not sure what that is all about.

>light weight swords
No, next question, weeb.
youtu.be/gsYbRom3h7U

I'm pretty sure they still pop up but not like it really matters in the long run

Yes
youtu.be/WBESIyEInW0?t=143

OP just wants to start another east vs west thread

What does that link have to do with jackshit?

If you are sure then you can name the last time you saw these masks. The last time I personally saw them was in the game Katana Zero, fucking irony.

Only you, East has nothing to do with it, this is exclusively the problem of the West.

>explains in detail why Americans love katanas and how cinema is involved
>What does that link have to do with jackshit?

Attached: retard-alert-south-park.gif (480x270, 2.98M)