Why is Pinocchio in so much stuff now?

Why is Pinocchio in so much stuff now?

Attached: 1648171758.doritohead_7956084e-a95f-4e0d-87c8-abe9b407cf4f_jpeg.jpg (2032x1254, 366.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_films
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Seven years ago some overpaid thinktank that is supposed to analyze trends says that Pinocchio is gonna be hot so all the studios run by bozos greenlight movies.

Attached: lies-of-p-release-date-1.jpg (1920x1080, 117.87K)

Very cute P.

Usually this happens because something a couple of years ago inspired it, and all these projects just happened to be made in tandem based on that without any knowledge of one another. I don't know why it happened with Pinocchio though. Like the most recent example from yesterday at the Nintendo show where they announced six or more Farming RPGs can easily be traced back to both Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley both being very big a couple of years ago. But Pinocchio? Three movies and a fucking Pinocchio Dark Souls game all in a relatively close release window? I don't know how this happened. Just a coincidence, I suppose.

I think people planned ahead to beat Disney at their own game with retelling of ‘their’ classics. We will probably see competing versions of any Disney movie that’s in public domain

Why did my post get deleted? I believe the actual true neutral answer is that people decided to begin work on public domain IPs that Disney would likely remake, when Disney started remaking these movies as live action. I’m not saying this to attack Disney or anyone, I’m saying that when studios saw Disney was making Beauty and the Beast again, that they could start work on things like Pinocchio or maybe a Robin Hood movie so they can compete with Disney and also slipstream off their marketing when they release their own versions

Lol, how did Disney release the worst one?

Isn't it that the IP expired or something?

He's the next Yeti

Don't know. Don't care.

Father, when can I leave to be on my own? I've got the whole world to see.

Attached: MV5BOTI2ZjBjMzEtNjM5NS00OWE3LWE2NTYtZTI2OTRjYWJmZTdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc0NjY1ODk@._V1_.jpg (720x576, 45.89K)

that qoute made me question about my sanity

Huh.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-09-14 Google.png (673x66, 5.81K)

Public domain.

user it expired in 1910

What about the disney version? I heard that something similar happened with Winnie the pooh where the book version went into the PD but the disney didn't which is why stuff like that retarded horror movie is getting made

So? Lots of stories are public domain. Actually, there are more public domain stories than copyrighted stories

I'll have the triple grande Pinocchio without cream please.

The book The Adventures of Pinocchio is from 1833. Copyright on it completely expired in 1910. Nothing new has happened with Pinocchio’s copyright between 1910 and 2022 that would make it suddenly get an uptick in adaptations now.
Regarding your question, the Disney version is owned by Disney. Original elements to it are Disney trademarks. So for instance, When You Wish Upon A Star is a copyrighted song owned by the Disney corporation, and it first appeared in Pinocchio. I can’t use their Pinocchio or Jiminy Cricket design for my own adaptation. Same with Winnie The Pooh. I can adapt the original Winnie The Pooh stories, or I can invent my own Winnie The Pooh stories. What I can’t do is take stuff Disney created for their Winnie The Pooh stories.

>public domain
>most widely read book of the 20th century
>So influential the idiom "burst into laughter" comes from it
>Its themes and subject matter are still relevant
>Its old jokes are still funny
Pinocchio mania will haunt us every century

Attached: 1486446034754.jpg (612x408, 48.02K)

Honestly, I think it’s just a coincidence. There’s a known phenomenon known as Twin Films, in which similar films come out at the same time.
Sometimes they are spurned by major events (e.g. two different Steve Jobs biopics came out right after he died) and sometimes they have no connection (e.g. in 2006 there were two movies about magicians in the 19th century).
All three films have their own history. Del Toro has been planning and talking about making a Pinocchio film for years, and only now is he actually doing it. Disney made the first major Pinocchio adaptation, and they’ve been read spying their cartoons in live-action for years. It was only a matter of time before they got to Pinocchio. The last one is a very cheap foreign direct to video movie that would have been forgotten and unseen if Pauly Shore wasn’t involved in the dubbing.