How come writers have so much influence over characters?

Yes. This is a Tom Taylor rant again. So I read the original interview.

And I'm going to skip the question and just focus on Taylor's responses.

>"I've always said everyone needs heroes and everyone deserves to see themselves in their heroes. Today, Superman, the strongest superhero on the planet, comes out as bisexual."
>"I knew replacing Clark with another straight white savior could be a real opportunity missed."
>"Given the hundreds of superhero characters owned by DC and Marvel, the fact that a handful of the biggest names among them might be queer just makes a kind of inevitable demographic sense."
>"They said it's a bold new direction, I say they're bandwagoning,"

What I'm getting from this is that it was 100% his idea. And that the editors just folded.

How can that be?

Attached: idontgetit.png (595x676, 385.32K)

Writers are hired to pitch ideas and direction for a character. Why would making Jon be bisexual be any different from say Batman "dying" under Morrison or Superman getting married or Roy Harper becoming a junkie?

Being gay isn't the problem, superboy's problem is that he's still boring. To this day there are people arguing about super boy prime, no matter how shlocky he was it was the only time superboy was relevant.

All of those can be undone, Jon being bi cannot.

But it's an irreversible change. Batman can come back to life, Red Arrow can get his life together.

But you can't really get back from making a character homosexual or transgender. So what happens if it doesn't work out?

Weird how you think whom people find attractive has to be "reversible".

After all of the news articles, twitter wars, etc. it kind of is.

Liberals are like spoiled little children that throw tantrums being annoying until they get their way.

Easy, it was never John.

It's kinda easy to phase out Jon's boyfriend, the issue is more about it now being required to bring up that Jon likes men if he gets a GF.

Otherwise ya just get "THEY MADE HIM STRAIGHT" kvetching

Imagine having to hammer in that Guy Gardner or Peter Parker liked girls every so and so just so viewers didn't get upset. That's basically what writers will now have to deal with for superman, and that's annoying. Way easier to just keep him gay.

They've set up Jay as this Lois-clone. They're both reporters, freedom fighters, etc. and they even admire each other.

>the fact that a handful of the biggest names among them might be queer just makes a kind of inevitable demographic sense
Does it? I don't think that's how that works

Has anything ever been discussed regarding this character outside of the fact that he's gay now or that silly panel where he's protesting climate change?

I feel like I'm looking at some Twitter artist spamming drawings of their OC kissing his boyfriend with zero character, story, or meaning attached at all.

Attached: 1413614709898.jpg (622x476, 20.18K)

Have people here read jon stories? They are lame as fuck, nothing happens and he faces c-tier character. jon has become a female character, he is a second class character.

What's so wrong about being bisexual exactly that it has to be reversed?

>the issue is more about it now being required to bring up that Jon likes men if he gets a GF.

He likes men and women. Why is that an issue? It's who he is. It ought to be mentioned.

As a member of a critically endangered species, Clark has a moral obligation to not be a faggot

or at least not a committed one.

Attached: 1233002275446.jpg (680x680, 43.8K)

They have the technology for it. Jon can even be a mother

>Yes. This is a Tom Taylor rant again.
Never too many of those. He's the worst "name" in comics right now. I actually consider him worsr than Austen because he's ruined more and bigger characters and Austen HAS written a handful of at worst inoffensive comics.

It eventually leads to nazism.

Also you say editors but DC fired all of their editors in 2020 so they're left with a skeleton crew made up of people who have no business being even assistant editors or interns. There's not really anyone to rein him or the rest of DC's writers in which is how you end up with the current shit state of the DCU where everyone is gay and fighting omniversal threats and none of it fucking matters.